Prom Day #2

Kayla's P.O.V

We were all lining up, I'm behind Athena and Gilbert.

Still, Jean is nowhere to be found, this is kinda giving me anxiety.

My mermaid tail type gown is slowly making me uncomfortable.
I held on to Kyle, ugh, this is killing me but I have to wear a smile for the cameras.

As I was slowly walking, I noticed Athena's grip on Gilbert's arm, she mist be super uncomfortable.

She turned to look at me as if sensing my gaze.
"Kayla, you look so beautiful! As usual but still, you look like a celebrity!" Athena said, I think she's sincere, but at the same time, she said it quickly as to face the camera man.

"Thank you! You too, you look unrecognizable! seriously, but hey, have you seen Jean?" I asked while smiling at the camera.

"Nope, that's the problem, I haven't seen her, so Mark had to assist a different person, thankfully it's Marie" She stated, I looked behind me to see Marie and Mark.

I walked slower and let Marie and Mark to walk before me, I wanted to atleast wait for Jean.

"I'm worried, but I think she's just lost" I said, Jean isn't from around here, so I don't think she'll be here that easily.

Athena didn't reply, instead, we just walked straight to the staircase, Uh oh...Athena's dress is nearing me, I have to avoid it.

Whoops...Marie tripped on it...yikes.

Oh, they just acted like it didn't happen, good for them, atleast they're fi-Well, she tripped again...

"Thank god! The staircase is done! Athena! control your dress!" Mark stated jokingly.

"Sarreh, okay? Sarreh!" Athena joked back, quoting 'My Love from the Star'.
Oh no, an aisle going towards the stage? This venue isn't friends with heels.

"Hey, guys, remember to smile" our teacher reminded us.

--------------- 50 minutes later -----------

We can't even sit down yet? What the hell? Don't they know that we don't care about the other students that are attending? Also, no one cares about who won the Pageant! It's almost like they are treating them like the bride on a wedding or the arrival of the pope!.

We don't have to stand! They have to b more considerate with other students!.

-------------- 20 minutes later -------------

Really? Still not allowed?...

Okay! Good, now we can freakin' sit.
"That was tiring! I don't get why we had to wait for everyone to come inside just to sit on our chairs!" Athena complained, which is justified.

"Yeah, that was some bullcrap" Mark chimed in.

Suddenly, his phone buzzed, "Oh, Jean is here, I just had to pick her up downstairs" he said.

He then proceeded to go downstairs.

We waited until we saw Mark walking with Jean.

I didn't bother questioning her dress, I know that she's carrying an extra dress.
Just incase.

We listened to the ranting of the host and our principal, which...we didn't really listened to, more like, we just looked at them but no one was paying attention.

I looked towards Mark and Jean, they were just on their phones.

Gilbert was looking everywhere.

Athena was taking a selfie and is just listening to music with her earphones.

Marie was looking at the distance, she wasn't even paying attention to ANYONE.

Kyle was laughing with Tricia on the other table...hmmm...

I stood up and sat down with them.
We just had some fun conversation.

I looked toward Jean's table and saw that they are now making fun of our principal who is absolutely annoying and biased.

Athena was pointing at her and is the one making everyone around the table laugh, she even called someone from the other table and talked to them.

"Hey Kayla, I need to talk to you, can we talk outside?" Jean said, I jumped, not noticing that she was there.

I got a bad feeling about the way she said it.
I looked at her with worried eyes and just stood up and followed her.
I felt uneasy.