:A Proscriptive Relationship: 35

I'm writing A LOT after this chapter, so don't be deceived that it's long... it's about the same length as usual. Maybe like half a page less. But I feel like I wrote a whole page of me just ranting lol. So please sit through it!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________  

"Holly... Holly. Holly!"

I jumped, my head snapping towards the sound of the voice. Jeremy was frowning at me with a worried expression. His expression quickly became bewildered.

"What's wrong?"

The phone slid from my quivering hands, dropping to the floor with a thud. I stared at Jeremy in horror, unable to form coherent words. Jeremy immediately got off the chair he was on and stumbled towards me.

"Seriously, Holly," he started, bending down to my level. "What's wrong? Something in the movie?"

I shook my head frantically, feeling my breath starting to come in shorter and shorter gasps. Jeremy's expression turned to alarm and he shook my shoulders gently. I took another deep breath, this time forcing myself to let it out slowly. Hyperventilating was never a fun thing to experience.

"Lance," I choked out, my eyes starting to water. "He... he..."

"Breathe, Holly."

I nodded, taking another deep breath, and letting it slowly. I repeated the process until I felt slightly calmer. Jeremy nodded, keeping his hands on my shoulders.

"Now tell me."

"Lance was shot!" I told him quickly, blinking back tears. "We need to get to the hospital! Now!"

"Who's Lance?" Jeremy responded with a look of confusion. "And shot as in?"

"With a gun!" I responded impatiently, carefully removing myself from the girls, and standing up. "I need to go!"

"Holly, wait!"

Jeremy grabbed my wrist and pulled me to a stop as I attempted to leave the room. I turned to look at him with wide-eyes.

"What?"

"It's raining! Were you planning on walking?" Jeremy responded, his face in a frown.

"No one else can bring me," I told him, trying to yank my arm away. "You have to watch the girls!"

"Holly, even if you go now I'm sure you won't be able to see your friend until he's stable."

"I don't care!" I responded, my tears starting again. "Lance is like my brother! I'm not going to stay here and wait if he was shot!"

Jeremy stayed quiet for a moment, pursing his lips. I tried to yank myself free again, but found it almost impossible. Jeremy sighed and I scowled at him. He finally let go and I started walking out of the room again.

"Jenna," I heard Jeremy start. "Jenna, I need you to watch Jane for a little bit."

I paused for a moment, turning back to him. Jenna was rubbing her eyes sleepily and looking up at Jeremy.

"Why?" she asked.

"I need to take Holly somewhere quickly," he told her, pulling his keys out of my pocket. "It's very important and I need you to watch Jane for me. I'll be back as soon as possible!"

Jenna nodded, glancing at me momentarily. Jeremy turned and walked past me, dangling his keys in front of me. I followed immediately and we hurried downstairs and outside to the car. I yanked the door open and slid in, Jeremy doing the same. He started the car, and before I even buckled, pulled out into the street.