epilogue

Jisoo was walking casually with a medium sized box in her hands, entering the building of her shared apartment with her girlfriend, when she jolts in surprise as her phone started ringing again.

She groans at the constant buzzing and ringing of the device and sets the box down for a moment to answer it.

"For the nth time, stop calling me Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. I'm in some kind of situation here and I prefer not to be disturbed." She groaned and let out a breath, hearing the amused chuckle of her friend. 

"If this is something unimportant, I'm going to make you regret it. Now, what do you want?"

"My god, chill out okay? I just wanna ask if you guys want to meet up tonight? Rosie and I miss you two."

"And that... is the urgent thing you wanted to say?"

"Yes, it is. We're very important to you both and we know that."

"I knew you guys were clingy but I didn't know you couldn't wait for me to get settled and call you back. That's it. I'm putting you both back for adoption and that's final!"

Jisoo said, rather dramatically. She can feel Jennie rolling her eyes and stifling her laugh from the other line. She also heard a faint shout from Rosie saying, "You're stuck with us. You can't do that!"

"So what, grumpy?"

"If you two are offering me your first born, then I will reconsider." Jisoo smirked.

"Whatever, unnie. Just give me a heads up so we could prepare. And you should drink some water to calm down your nerves. I can feel your antsy ass through the phone."

"Stop feeling my antsy ass. Lisa wouldn't appreciate that." She and her best friend chuckled at the horrible joke, "I'll have to ask her first then update you."

"Alright, sounds good."

"Tell Rosie I miss her too. Bye!"

"What about m-"

Jisoo ended the call with a snicker, grabbing the box from the floor again to finally go back to their apartment.

She entered the door without letting her presence known, quietly tiptoeing across the hall, cautiously looking around so she wouldn't be caught. She carefully held the box in front of her like her life depended on it.

"What are you doing?" A voice spoke, making her jump in surprise, mentally cursing herself for slightly shaking the box in the process.

She took a deep breath, mumbling to herself, before turning around and meeting the other girl with a grin.

"Hi!" She greeted, probably too enthusiastic than she usually does. The other girl looked at her suspiciously.

"Hi? What's that?" 

"It's....a box." She grinned and it was too awkward.

"Way to state the obvious. What's inside the box, Miss Kim?" Lisa raised a brow, challenging the girl in front of her. 

"Nothing. Just an empty box."

Lisa nodded amusingly, crossing her arms in front of her chest, acting interested at the whole situation. "So you go around carrying an empty box with utmost care?"

"...Yes?" She cringed amidst the fake smile but clearly, Lisa wasn't having it. "What is it?"

Jisoo sighed, bowing down her head.

"It's a surprise for you." She heard a gasp and as soon as she looked at Lisa, she saw her with a mouth agape like a child excited for Christmas.

"Really? What is it? What's the occasion?"