14

A/N: Flashbacks are italicized

----------

There was loud banging on her door but she didn't bother getting it, or knowing who was there. It might as well be the police trying to arrest her for the mess she made last night and for hurting her girlfriend.

God, her poor girlfriend...

She gripped her hair with both hands, trying to knock some sense in her messed up mind. She was all sober now. Her throbbing headache couldn't compare to the stinging pain in her eyes and chest. She was up all night thinking and blaming herself.

"You're indeed a mess, as I've been told" A voice sounded through the room and snapped her from her thoughts. She looked at the source and saw a familiar face.

"Why are you here?" She said with her strained voice. The woman glanced at her with a stoic expression, but she saw her eyes were different.

"I was in the area since the other day."

She turned to the two body guards behind her and commanded them.

"Give me the keys to the car and fix this place. I'll drive back to the hotel with Jisoo." They agreed and bowed to her, while the girl crouched down to Jisoo's level to talk to her closely.

"Come with me and we'll fix this, okay?" She tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

Jisoo's eyes were brimming with tears, as she looked back at the woman's eyes full of pity for her. Jisoo nodded, letting her sister grab her hand and lead her out of her unit to get to Irene's car.

"Does dad know?" She broke the silence once they were settled inside Irene's suite room. The older girl gave her a glass of water which she drank in one go.

"That you're with me? No." Irene sat across her, "Jennie was the one who called me."

Jisoo grimaced at the sound of Jennie's voice that kept repeating through her head. The look of disappointment, anger, and fear from her best friend's face flashed in her memory.

"She probably hates me right now."

"Debatable" Irene shrugged. Jisoo just looked at her.

"None of them hates you. They would've called the police, but they called me instead."

Jisoo frowned at the realization. Anyone could've charged at her and threw punches to snap her back to her senses. No one even dared touching her.

But maybe they were just full of disgust to even lay eyes or hands on her. Even she was disgusted with herself right now for what happened for the past weeks.

"They're disappointed but they still care for you." Irene paused. "As long as you're here, I'll be the one in command."

It was fair enough. She wouldn't trust herself either in making decisions since she's been making bad ones lately. She sighed and rested her back against the chair.

"You can't go alone anymore. It's either I'm with you or the bodyguards will go with you."

Irene raised her brows, making her look more intimidating than she already is. But she knew that she means what she says right now.

"Try to escape from me or from them, all these will reach dad right away. Understood?"

Jisoo agreed. She can't let their dad worry about her.

She can't let him know how much of a failure and a mess she is right now. She's too ashamed of herself and can't probably face him anytime soon.

Irene stood up, "Go take a shower. It'll make you feel a bit better. I'll prepare you food. I'm sure you haven't eaten anything."