18

Her door opened but she didn't bother to look. She was too drained to even move.

"Aren't you going to eat? You haven't eaten anything since last night."

Jisoo didn't answer. Why bother? She doesn't have the appetite nor the interest to do anything at all. She's just waiting for the day that she goes to rehab so things will be over soon.

"Didn't you promise Lisa you'd take care of yourself? Looking at you now, you're already breaking the promise."

That caught her attention and made her eyes move to see her sister leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed.

"Why do people keep on leaving me, unnie? Is there something wrong with me?" Her voice was hoarse from crying and staying up all night. It was starting to hurt since she's getting dehydrated too.

Irene left her post and sat by Jisoo's side of the bed, fixing her hair to see her face better.

"Lisa isn't leaving you and there's nothing wrong with you either. She's just flying back to keep herself occupied. The past weeks have been tough on her too, you know."

She was too tired to think of anything else. Her anxiety and insecurities were getting too hard to handle each day. It's a surprise that her head hasn't exploded yet.

"Besides, she wants you to focus on your recovery. While you do that, she'll do things for herself. Explore stuff and work. You know how she is."

It's true. Lisa wanted to establish something without getting any help from her or from her family, especially her father, even though the whole family is fond of her already. If it was her choice, she'd just give everything Lisa needed, wanted and more. But a part of her also stops herself from discrediting Lisa of her hard work. She didn't want to hold back Lisa from her aspirations. If anything, she wanted to be there while Lisa continues to grow to the strong and amazing woman that she is.

Jisoo sighed and tried getting up from bed. Irene just watched her slowly walking towards the door.

"Did you make anything good? I'm hungry."

She smiled, following the small girl. "Check the dining table. Your favorite is there."

If Jisoo knew who made the food, she knows the girl would eat them right away, regardless if the food was good or not.

----------

"Hey, it's time to leave. The car is ready and so are all of your stuff. We have to meet them up at the airport." Jennie smiled at her sadly. She slowly nodded and the girl left her for a moment to get everything all set.

She almost didn't want to move. This makes everything more real and if she doesn't step out of the room, she knew she'd go running to Jisoo and stay.

But she had to do this for the both of them. She doesn't have the leisure of time to think things all over again when she was the one who suggested and decided it in the first place. She had to own it up and face whatever happens.

In this case, she had to be the strong one for the both of them.

She put on her coat and went downstairs to follow Rosé and Jennie waiting at the car.

Nights before, she successfully sneaked out of Jennie's unit to go to her and Jisoo's shared unit upstairs. She could just tell the couple she visits her place but then she wanted no one to know. She wanted to be alone even just for a while. She wanted to savor the remaining days before she leaves for Seoul.

But it wasn't the same home she comes home to if Jisoo wasn't there. The place, even though was kept clean and maintained since she last saw it, felt emptier than it had ever been. Nonetheless, she spent her few nights laying on the side of her bed in Jisoo's room, staring into nothing.