Chapter Nineteen-The Resort-(XIII)

***

The Resort's lights dimmed as the Arizona mountain weather dropped to 68 degrees. All of the VIP guests lingered in the foyer, while news of the Manager's murder filtered through to shock a lot of them.

"What happened?", John asked.

"The Manager, Mister Allesandro, was stabbed to death in his office. A maid, I don't know who she was, was screaming. Why she was there is a mystery. Her job wasn't to clean the office until tomorrow". Julia answered in English.

"We were about to complain because he had been watching women guests. I thought it bad for business", Eloise said.

"Yes, well, someone used a butcher knife. Or axe. Or whatever it was", Andrew arrived on the scene, just as Eloise saw the Band-Aids on his face.

"What happened?".

"Cut myself".

"You met someone".

"I-".

And she hit him on the left-side of his face...then headed to the Dining Room alone.

***

Marie shook her head.

"Qui est responsable?", she asked.

"SONO IO il Manager del Resort. Ciò che è accaduto sarà oggetto di un'indagine...La questione più importante è sicurezza di tutti gli ospiti. È di fondamentale importanza che pericolosi assassini saranno arrestati. Le forze di polizia per fare il loro lavoro...di nuovo. Ma, una volta fatto, possiamo riprendere il lavoro", Julia announced in Italian.

***

"Buona sera Eloise. Posso sedermi?", Elena asked.

"Yes".

"Speravo di essere qui. Il tuo ragazzo è un idiota".

"Andrew deserves what he deserves".

"Qual è per cena?".

"Roast duck, potatoes, gravy, and red wine. Table 5 was free". She wore a red dress, black stockings, and black shoes.

"Si tratta di un bel vestito?", she asked. She stared at Eloise dress. Eloise blushed. She noticed other VIP guests arrive for dinner.

"Rest your legs, Elena".

"La ringrazio. Tutti affamati dopo una brutta giornata". She wore a blue dress. Randolph arrived.

"Good evening Madames. Are you ready to order?".

"Yes, two roast ducks, potatoes, lots of gravy. And two clean glasses of Red Wine", Eloise said.

"Exellent choice".

And he left Table 5...and talked to the other VIP guests at The Resort.

***

Page 20.