Chapter Fifteen-The Resort-(X)

***

The door opened.

Gerta wore a black nightgown.

She let the man into Room 32.

"Hurry!", she said.

And, as the door closed, she produced a knife and slit his throat. Blood splattered down her breasts, as she peered around the dark hallway.

The light illumed the rooms.

"Es gibt noch mehr auf das Resort als ein Killer. ICH HABE, wie andere es nicht wissen, bin eine verrückte Frau...

"...Nun, wegen meiner kranken Mutter in Berlin, hatte die Seuche durch die Gene. Leider sind sie Opfer von meiner psychotischen verhalten. Ach ja, gut, ich genieße zum Tod führen". She held the sharp blade, and began to slice with a grin on her evil face.

~~~

"Ich fühle mich nicht sicher, John".

"Warum?".

"Das Resort ist eigentlich für alle Menschen. Es ist mein Job als Junior Assistant Manager".

"Sie tun gut, Honig".

"I...freuen!".

~~~

They saw the door to Room 32 was open.

"John, hast du schon gesehen Gerta?", Julia shivered.

"Non da ieri. Si parla tedesco, Julia?", John enquired.

"Sì, quando sono nervoso". She held his right hand. The light illumed the dim hallway; the chandelier remained still.

~~~

When they reached the door, Julia spoke in a loud voice.

"Gerta, vogliamo sapere se le camere sono pulite".

Silence.

"Gerta, sappiamo che erano con il killer. Ma non c'è parola che la vostra mente potrebbe essere fragili...".

"Es gibt nichts zu sehen".

"Dobbiamo vedere la camera, Gerta".

 "Komm herein, Julia".

And she grabbed the bloody butcher knife...and waited for her to enter.

***

"Julia, vedo un coltello", John yelled.

And she backed away from the room...as Gerta attempted to slash Julia's back. Julia kicked the bottom edge of the knife out of the mad Maid's right hand.

As it thudded next to their feet...John knocked her unconscious...and the horror was over at The Resort...for the evening.

Page 15.