Chapter 11

We strolled along the beach for a while longer, but we were both exhausted from the concert and the partying and the emotions of the night before. So Danny called another taxi and we slept on our way back to our hotels in Leeds.

When I entered our hotel room at 10am, I expected Chloe to be asleep, but she lay awake in bed. "Chloe?" I said softly. "I'm back..." "Huh?" She asked, completely lost in thought. "OMG!! YOU'RE BACK!!!" She exclaimed after looking at me again. I started laughing. "Yeah I am! How was your night?" "AMAZING! Well Danny told you he loved you in front of thousands of people, pretty memorable...And Mark, Glen and I chatted for hours and it was so amazing...Ahh I can't believe that last night actually happened! The second time within the last week I've spent with the lads...always because of you and Danny. Oh and talking about you and Danny, what did you guys do last night?"

"Well, we got bored of the partying last night, so Danny surprised me. He got a taxi and I slept the whole way. Then we watched the sunrise at the beach and we walked and talked and then he-" Chloe's eyes lit up in excitement. "OMG DID HE KISS YOU?" I smiled. "Well I was going to say that he said he loved me..." I trailed off to annoy her. "Oh.." She was more disappointed at the thought that we hadn't kissed than I would've been if we hadn't. "But then we kissed!" I squeaked. "OMG YAY!!!" So I spend probably another hour obsessung over how gorgeous and perfect he was.

At about 11:30, my phone rang, it was Danny. I picked it up, signaling the overly excited Chloe to calm down and cheerfully chirped "Hey Danny!" into the phone. "Hey Ava!! You sound awfully cheerful today! I just wanted to ask if you'd like to meet up one last time today? If Chloe wants, she and the lads can come along..." I glanced at Chloe, who was eagerly nodding her head. I laughed. "I think Chloe sayd yes..." "Great! I'll meet you in front of your hotel at 3!" He replied and hung up. He was going to be away on world tour for months. I sighed, I was gonna miss him so much... He'd asked me if I'd like to come along, but I couldn't. I had to stay in London, my job was too important...

Chloe and I got some sleep before etting ready to meet with the lads. Chloe was overly excited, literally freaking out, but I was kinda sad. I knew this would be the last time I'd see Danny in person for a long time. He'd already promised to text and call every day, but it just wasn't the same. It was a hug or a kiss. It wasn't the same...

At 3pm, Chloe and I were standing in front of our hotel waiting for the lads to arrive. They finally came at 3:15 (they were late cause of Danny) and took us to a nearby park for a picnic. Chloe was telling Danny and Mark some story, but I was only half listening and honestly, it was pretty boring, but the lads seemed interested. Glen walked over to me, sat down next to me and laughed. "I can see that you find that story just as interesting as I do." "Yeah...it's super interesting..." I said sarcastically. "How can..." I paused listening to what she was saying. "...Fried chicken not be interesting?!" I said laughing. "Well, it surely doesn't taste bad!" Glen replied laughing and grabbing an apple.

"You know Danny really loves you..." He said after a while. Why the sudden change of topic? I was confused. I know he loved me. Hr said it, in front of thousands of people. "I know." I replied. "I really love him too." "I know. But I'm afraid he'll get hurt. Promise you won't hurt him?" I'm afraid. He's afraid. If no one wants to get hurt then no one will. Right? "Don't worry Glen..." "Everyone says they won't hurt him, but his fame is too much for many and they end up hurting him. I can't see him get hurt like that again. And no offense, but you've already hurt him before you even were a couple..." Wait Danny and I are a couple?! "Are you sure this is right for you? And You're not gonna hurt him again ?" I was. I didn't want to loose him. Ever. "I won't ever hurt him again. I hurt myself too the last time I hurt him. I don't ever want to hurt him again, I don't want to be hurt again. I need Danny. He makes me feel so safe and for the first time in a long time, happy..." Glen smiled at me. "Then I trust you to always make Danny just as happy as he is right now...Let's jusy say he won't stop talking about you..." He said laughing.

I smiled and looked over at Danny. He was absolutely beautiful. His hair was so perfect and his smile... he looked up at me. His eyes were so perfect too...Suddenly Glen said: "Yo Danny cone talk to your girlfriend, I need to make a call." Girlfriend? I didn't know I was officiallyhis girlfriend.  "Huh so I'm your girlfriend now?" I asked smiling.  "You ae if you want to be, he said grinning at me foolishly. "Alrught then I'm now officially the girlfriend of Danny O'Donoghue!" I said in a funny voice make him laugh. His eyes sparkled in the evening sun and when he leaned in to kiss me, everything was perfect...

"Soo..." I said looking into his eyes. They were so beautiful that I forgot what I was going to say... "Soooo?" He repeated teasing me and laughing. "Hmm?" I said, pulled out of my trance. "You were going to tell me how much you love me and that you'll miss me soooo much when I'm gone..." He said grinning. "Ih yeah right!" I exclaimed. Wait. "How did you know...?" I asked. "I don't know. I just guessed. Cause that's what I was about to say..." I leaned my head against his shoulder. "Well I love you and I'm going to miss you so much..." I said quietly, sighing sadly.

We sat there like that for a long time until Mark jumped up and said: "The bus!! Our bus leaves in an hour. I checked my phone, it was 7pm. Nooo. I didn't want to say goodbye yet. Danny couldn't leave. I walked over to Mark and Glen to wish them safe travels and told them to take good care of Danny. The guaranteed that he'd come back alive and well...

The last part was the hardest...saying goodbye to Danny. I walked over to Danny. "I guess this is goodbye..." I said sadly, a tear running down my cheek. "Hey, don't cry." Danny said, lifting my chin up and looking into my eyes. I could see he was crying too. I smiled and he smiled back, but we couldn't stop the tears from falling. "This isn't goodbye forever. I'll be back in a few weeks before we head to Asia..." A few weeks was too long, it sounded like eternity to me... "Ava, you know I will always love you right?" Danny said looking into my eyes. Then he pulled me closed toward him and kissed me softly. "Always." he whispered into my ear again, hugging me. "And I will always love you too..." I whispered back, my voice shakey. I stayed in his arms for a while until he had to go. It was heartbreaking to see him leave. I knew he'd come back, but that didn't make it any easier for my heart to bear...