Chapter 3

Did he seriously just leave after saying that? I just stood at the barrier perplexed. What just happened? My heart was racing, but I was actually smiling. Someone is out there. I just have to find them. Someone cares. But who? I doubt I'll see Danny again. I know that he meant that they'd be there for me with their music. He probably said that to all fans that seemed lost.

I was still lost in thought when the first other fans came in. Some looked at me in envy because they knew that I had left the queue with Danny. Others were just confused how I got there before them. The arena filled quickly. While we were waiting for the concert to start, one girl actually talked to me. "How do you know Danny? Like why did he want to talk to you?" Was she jealous? I couldn't tell. "I was in a bar yesterday and I saw them there. I talked to them for a long time, but didn't tell them that I was a fan. I don't know why. Anyways then he was surprised to see me and wanted to chat for a bit cause I left quite suddenly last night." That really there was to it of you thought about it. "So you're not like friends with him and could give me his number or something?" She asked. I laughed. "No..." I said still laughing. "Although I wouldn't mind having his number!"

We chatted a bit longer. Her name's Chloe and she's 21 years old. She was also here alone. She's only been a fan for 3 years and this is her second concert. It's her biggest dream to meet them. Or at least be noticed by one of them, like I was today... Suddenly the lights went off and The Script came on stage. My heart stopped and time stood still.  It was even more breath-taking than at the soundcheck. Their attitude changed because if the crowd. The lights made them shine like the stars they were. I could see passion and emotion and love. I could hear the music that kept me alive.

They worked their way through the setlist. Starting with one of their new songs and moving on to older songs. Chloe and I danced and sang our hearts out. We laughed, we cried, we screamed and shouted. I forgot all of my worries again and was happy. I didn't think about life. I just let the energy flood through my body and take over my mind. I was free.

About halfway through the night, they played a few slower songs. Such as "If You Ever Come Back"...When I thought they'd play a song like "Rain", Danny sat down at the piano again. What's next? I wondered. Of course, they played "Never seen anything quite like you". I watched Danny the whole time, smiling. He really did look perfect tonight. His eyes were soft yet concentrated and his beautiful dark hair looked stunning. Absolutely perfect. When the song ended, he looked up, straight into my eyes and said to the crowd: "You're beautiful tonight" but his eyes were still on me. Time seemed to stand still as he was standing on stage, our eyes locked. Everything around us disappeared. I saw only him. My heart felt warmth for the first time. Is this what he meant when he said he'd be there for me? Probably. I barely noticed that Mark was talking some random shit and throwing picks into the crowd, I was focused on Danny. But then the next song started playing and our moment was over.

The next songs passed faster than light and the concert soom came to an end. Their last song was as always "Hall of Fame". Danny went into the crowd and golden and white confetti rained down on us. I couldn't see anything anymore. By the time I could see again. Danny was standing right in front of me. I smiled at him as he walked past me and pointed at Chloe. He got the tip and locked eyes with her for a few seconds.  She almost fainted... I was so happy for her. Actually 100% happy. All of the pain and sorrow was blocked out by the pure happiness I was feeling that moment...if only this happiness could last forever. If only. But it can't.

Before I knew it, the song was over and so was the concert. Danny looked into my eyes one last time before the lights went out. Whem they turned on again, he was gone and so were Glen and Mark. Gone. I'd never see them again. A sudden emptiness flooded over me in panic. Never again. Why did I feel so lonely all of a sudden? It was hard to breathe. I needed them. They stopped the pain from taking over my life, now that they were gone, it all came flooding back. The pain was unbearable. I thought about waiting for Danny by their bus. Or just staying at the venue until someone recognized me from earlier. But I decided to go, Danny wouldn't want to see me anyways, would he?

I laid in bed listening to music staring up at the ceiling. My soul felt empty, my heart shattered. Tears were silently streaming down my face, a pain tearing through my chest. I had nothing, but music. Nothing to live for, nothing to love. I was alone. I had no friends, my mum was depressed, my dad dead, my sister hated me and I didn't have a life apart from work if I was honest with myself. I had nothing. Nothing but music. And the pain that was destroying me more and more every second. I laid in my bed for hours, blankly staring at the ceiling. I couldn't fall asleep at first. The pain was too much to take, but them I felt numb. I felt nothing. And I drifted off into an uneasy sleep, ful of nightmares and visions about my dad. I missed him. Every bone of my body ached to hug him. But he was gone and he was never ever coming back...