Chapter 6

"Cass? I just saw your car being towed away are you okay?" Veronica called out as she fumbled to unlock the front door only to find it was already open. Sam wobbled over to the door to greet her and she gave him a quick pat, careful not to spill the Starbucks in her right hand. "I'm in here V!" I called from the living room, about 5 whole paces from the front door. "Oh I didn't realize you had company," Veronica winked at me as I sat on the loveseat. She set her stuff down at the bar quickly adding "I'm just gonna shower before my shift don't worry, Cass has walked in on me plenty of times, I can pretend I don't hea-" she stopped in her tracks when she turned back and Brendon had gotten off the couch that was facing the opposite direction. He extended his hand to Veronica to shake, awkwardly putting one knee on the cushions to reach over the back of the couch. When Veronica didn't shake his hand, Brendon began to introduce himself before being cut off. 

"I know we talked about throwing the bachelorette party your sister didn't want and then not inviting her, but you really took it seriously and went all out. This stripper looks like a spitting image of Brendon Urie. What's next, is Gerard Way going to come bursting in with nothing but an apron on?" Veronica laughed at her own joke and Brendon chuckled lightly too. I laughed nervously, and locked eyes with Vanessa, she stopped smiling when she saw the panic look on my face. 

Brendon, with his hand still extended moved so he was actually kneeling on the couch now. "A stripper?" He laughed, "now that's a career choice I hadn't considered. Maybe after this music thing is over." He leaned back so that he was sitting on his knees and I would have laughed at how silly he looked had I not been in my pajamas and a messy bun that gave a whole new definition to mess.

"Wait." Veronica finally spoke. She looked to me quizzically before back and Brendon. "This has gotta be some kind of joke." She said with eyebrows raised. "You might wanna sit down," I told her and we shared a look that neither of us really knew the meaning of, best friend telepathy of sorts which would sound unrealistic if it weren't for the fact that Brendon Urie was sitting in my living room and I suddenly believed anything was possible. "I'll sit but you know that's my spot," she said looking at me brows raised again as she walked over to where I sat on the love seat. Sam had jumped up beside me and was sleeping peacefully albeit snoring. "But this isn't-" I began but Veronica cut me off. "I'm sure he doesn't bite" she said, tilting her head towards the couch where Brendon now sat normally. "No promises," he laughed patting the seat next to him. I let out a sigh, this had been one hell of a morning and it wasn't even 11 yet.