Chapter 2

After I got back to my apartment I parked my car in the designated resident parking garage. I took the 4 flights of stairs up to my apartment complex. Sure there was an elevator but if I was going single to Abby's wedding I at least wanted to look fit. I greeted my jumpy pug dog, Sam, at the door. Sam let out a series of grunts as I scratched his back. My hand got covered in hair and I wiped it on my pants. Yuck. "Oh Cass, your home!" My best friend, and roommate, Veronica exclaimed as I walked into the kitchen. It was a complete disaster. There were food and dirty dishes EVERYWHERE. The amazing scent coming from the oven made it all worth it though. Veronica and I had known each other since 2nd grade and she'd always been a talented cook. Even in 3rd grade, she'd make dinner often for her family.

After we turned 18 we decided that it would be best to stay close to home so we moved into a cozy 2 bedroom apartment in downtown California. After high school Veronica went to culinary school and I had gone to a community college to become a journalist. Veronica worked at a small but popular Italian restaurant down the road, Luigi's as the head chef. I plopped down on a bar stool and put my head in my hands. "I take it shopping with 'The BFS' wasn't a blast?" Veronica asked. The BFS is what Veronica always called Abby. Short for Best Friends Sister but then after she'd stolen my 4th boyfriend it became Boy Friend Stealer. Wes was stolen boyfriend #3. She somehow always had the power to take boyfriends from me.

One of the worst times was 4 years ago when I was 21 and Abby was only 18. This was the OG stolen boyfriend. When Abby came back from South Carolina where she'd lived for 2 years (when our parents split up she'd moved to South Carolina with Dad ((who was still alive and well and coming for the wedding in a few days)) and I had stayed in California.) to visit me and mom, my fiancé of 3 weeks and boyfriend of 9 months Tyler, instantly dumped me for her. They had dated for a week before she dumped him and went back to South Carolina. Tyler came 'crawling' back the next day but not because he wanted me back, no, he wanted me to convince Abby to get back together with him. It made me sick, the magical power she had over boys.

Veronica put a steaming plate of lasagna on the counter in front of me. After seeing the 'upset and in thought' face she asked me "Tyler again" to which I nodded my head yes in response. I had been mostly been over Tyler until just last week when I received a love letter from his address in the mail. Not for me of course, but for Abby who's address he did not have. The letter had gone straight into the garbage after me and Veronica read it back and forth to each other on 'monthly movie night' over ice cream, popcorn, and Titanic. We giggled like school girls over the immaturity of the letter and the use of words like 'racks'. (Which was another thing Abby had been blessed with, Double D's. I had to be happy with a B cup.)

I took a bite of Lasagna and it was none less than amazing. But after that failed to cheer me up completely, which Veronica noticed, she shook her head at me and pressed a few buttons on the CD player. Panic At The Disco's Collar Full came on and she turned it up as loud as our hardly soundproof walls would allow. Veronica had been a PATD fan too. I giggled and we sang along together.

We've waited so damn long, we're sick and tired

I won't leave any doubt or stone unturned

I've got a collar full of chemistry from your company

So maybe tonight I'll be the libertine

Show me your love, your love

Gimme more but it's not enough

Show me your love, your love

Before the world catches up

'Cause there's always time for second guesses, I don't wanna know

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go

You've got it all worked out with so little time

Memories that I'd blackout if you were mine

You've got a pocket full of reasons why you're here tonight

So, baby, tonight just be the death of me

Show me your love, your love

Gimme more but it's not enough

Show me your love, your love

Before the world catches up

'Cause there's always time for second guesses, I don't wanna know

If you're gonna be the death of me, that's how I wanna go

Show me your love, your love

Gimme more but it's not enough

Show me your love, your love

Before the world catches up

Show me your love, your love

Gimme more but it's not enough

Show me your love, your love

Before the world catches up

Show me your love

Show me your love