Chapter 3

I got a call from Abby that next day and she sounded hysterical. "Cass, the wedding is only 9 days away and I'm so not ready!" She gasped "calm down Abs. I'm sure everything is going to be fine." I told her in my best mom voice. "Why don't I come over and we can talk okay?" I asked. "Okay," she said in a small voice. We hung up and I got dressed quickly and grabbed my bag. Veronica was still sleeping in her bedroom, she didn't have to get to work until 3 on Sundays. I left her a little note to let her know where I would be.

15 minutes later I arrived at the house Wes and Abby were sharing together. It was huge and beautiful and I couldn't help but be jealous for the hundredth time. Parking in the driveway I knocked on the door and the butler (yep you heard that right. They have a butler.) opened the door and took my coat. I found Abby sitting at the bar with a pad and pen. We hugged and then I sat next to her and we began her list. This is how it went:

What I have already:

Location (the beach)

Catering (Luigi's)

Wedding Dress

Shoes

Bridesmaids (M.O.H. Cassidy, Megan (Wes's sister) and Bailey ((her best friend from South Carolina)))

Groomsmen (B.M. Jack, Chris, Liam, and Brian)

Grooms men's tuxes

Flowers

First dance song (All of me John Legend)

The list continued with a billion other things that Abby was still writing. Then there was list 2

Things I don't have:

Bridesmaids Dresses

That was all that was on the list, that and 'a date for Cassidy' but I'm ignoring that.

"See?" I asked her "you're nearly there! All you need is dresses for the bridesmaids. When is Bailey coming?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. "Wednesday. 4 days from now, if you count today. They're flying in on the same day as dad." She replied without thought. "Alright. I replied. Then when she comes we can all go look for dresses together." Abby looked relieved. Like I had just solved the worlds biggest problem even though I hardly did anything. She thanked me and one of the kitchen staff brought us tea. I thanked her and spent another 20 minutes with my sister because no matter how much of a pushover  I am, I have limits to how long I can listen to the details about my ex's wedding. 

When I got home I parked in my usual spot and climbed up the stairs. When I reached my front door I heard noises coming from inside. Confused I open the door. On the couch was Veronica and her boyfriend of 3 years, Max. They were doing something that I'd prefer not to explain. I quickly apologized and shut the door. Great now what was I going to do? I couldn't go into my own house, I really didn't feel like sorting wedding plans with my sister again, I worked from home and had already finished my weekly story for the local newspaper. I guess I could go out but my wallet was inside and there was no way I was going back inside. I sighed and rode the elevator back downstairs. I didn't think I could take the stairs after what I just saw my eyes were still in pain. After I got into my car I considered my options. Shopping was something I had already done plenty of this week and was probably going to do more of in the next 9 days. I decided I might as well try the very last thing on Abby's list. Getting 'a date for Cassidy'