Disturbed Pt. 15

Disturbed Pt. 15

☹☹☹

We sat in silence for two full minutes. I don't even know what to do with him. Do psychopaths like to play board games? I mean, I could always ask him to play Candy Land with me, but I doubt that he'd want to.

I cleared my throat loudly as I stood up from the stool. "Your kitchen is cool," he muttered, rubbing his eyes. "Thanks. Are you tired?" I asked. He looked really sleepy, considering his voice is raspier than usual and he keeps on rubbing his eyes. "Yeah I am. I couldn't fall asleep last night," he said.

"I know what will wake you up," I mused. "What?" he said, confused. "Sugary ice cream!" I squealed out, walking towards the freezer. I opened the freezer and dug into it. It was filled with TV dinners and frozen treats; my family and I aren't the healthiest eaters. What can I say? Junk food is my passion.

"Okay, Justin. We have rocky road, vanilla bean, chocolate fudge, cotton candy, peanut butter, and pumpkin spice," I blabbed. He widened his eyes and said, "Don't you think you have too much ice cream?" I shrugged my shoulders and laughed. "The more the merrier . . . I guess," I continued. He took in his bottom lip and captured it in between his teeth. "Can I have cotton candy?" he asked, and I nodded.

I sat the tub of cotton candy ice cream on my counter and I popped off the lid. I opened the first drawer, trying to look for one of those mega ice cream scoopers. I dug around in the drawer and I finally found it. I stuck the spoon into the tub and made three little ice cream balls and sat them on top of a waffle cone. I turned around and handed it to Justin.

He took the ice cream out of my hands while smiling like a lunatic. "This ice cream looks professionally made." He giggled. "I worked at crazy cones last summer. I have experience with ice cream," I told him. He laughed and started licking the ice cream.

We sat down at my kitchen table as he continued to devour his ice cream. "So, tell me about yourself," he said. "Uh, I am a boring person and I like to read books," I muttered, and he rolled his eyes. "That's not what I want to know." He scoffed. "Well, when I asked you to tell me about yourself, the only thing you said was that you like to eat Cheerios!" I laughed.

"What do you have against Cheerios? They're the most delicious thing known to mankind. They're like little circles of happiness!" Justin declared as he furrowed his eyebrows. "You are so weird," I mumbled, trying to hold in my laughter. I don't want him to get mad at me for laughing at him, again. "No, I'm not weird. I just like to consider myself a Cheerio Enthusiast," he joked, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Now tell my about yourself!" He added, and I shook my head. He huffed and rolled his eyes. "Fine, Mr. Attitude. I like to paint and draw. I also was adopted, but I don't know who my parents are. All I know is that I was left behind and someone found me. Apparently, my biological mother's name is Christie and she used to cheer for Oak Falls' football team. But both my biological parent's left me. All these people tried tracking down my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. It was no use, because they couldn't find any of them," I admitted.

"Do you know your real last name?" he asked while biting into his cone. "Uh, it's Brooks, but I go my mom and dad's last name," I said. He widened his eyes and sat there awkwardly. Chewing up his last bit of ice cream, he stood up from the table. "I-I have to go - I forgot that there is s-something I need to do," he stuttered, making his way out of my kitchen.

I twisted my eyebrows in confusion as I sat in silence. What the hell?

☹☹☹

Justin's P.O.V

I walked up my attic's staircase. Why does the last name Brooks sound so familiar? I swear on my life, I know someone with the last name Brooks, and it's not somebody who's around our age. I remember going through a bunch of paper work that was left behind here, and I remember seeing many signatures signed off with the last name 'Brooks'. Call me crazy, but I think I might know more about Lillian's biological family than she does.

I pushed the attic door open and stood there. Now where did I put those damn boxes?

I scoped out the room, hoping I'd find the boxes.

There sat one box in the corner. Let's just hope it contains what I am looking for. I narrowed my eyes at the box, walking towards it slowly. I crouched down near the box, internally praying that it would have what I was looking for inside. I opened the box painfully slow. I don't know why I'm so nervous, but I'm always nervous when I'm up in the attic.

I looked inside and found a stack of papers. I think this is what I am looking for. I picked up the first paper and it was a random letter. I didn't even read it. I just trailed my fingers on it until I found some type of signature. I looked at the bottom and saw curly, messy handwriting.

Sincerely,

Simon Brooks.

Bingo! I cleared my throat, digging through the papers. All the papers smelled like mold, but they didn't smell too bad. I picked up one of the newspapers and I looked at the date. It was made in 1918. Holy shit, this stuff is so old. My eyes gazed over the newspaper, taking in all the information. I widened my eyes in realization. I think I just found Lillian's great grandfather, or great-great grandfather - I'm not sure. Too bad he's dead.

The newspaper read:

Brooks saves Oak Falls!

Simon Brooks (age twenty-three) moves into Oaks Falls, building a new house in the woods and planning to make a local park for everyone. He plans on clearing out some of the woods, so he can start building the park. All the townspeople hope that this will bring more people to Oak Falls, considering everyone is moving to Cheshire! Many people are donating money to Simon, so he can build the park faster. "Everyone will be welcome to the park. Make sure you come down and lend a helping hand," says Simon. Let's just hope his idea works out!

I sat the newspaper down, feeling more confused every second. There isn't any park around here and the woods are still here. He used to own my house too . . . this is so weird and confusing. I looked through the box, trying to find another newspaper, but there was none. Looks like I'm taking a trip to the library very soon.

***

Surprise update :3 y'all should love me because I just updated last night, too.

Oh god, things are bound to get confusing lmao.

Little summary: Lillian doesn't know her biological family, but Justin finds out her real last name and it sounds really familiar to him, so he goes to his attic where he finds a bunch of papers and shit, only to discover something about Lillian's Great-Great Grandfather. Ya feel me? He needs to know more so he's going to look at the old newspapers at the library soon.

I PROMISE TO ADD MORE LUSTIN PARTS. THAT'S THEY'RE SHIP NAME AND IT EVEN HAS LUST IN IT SO YEAHHH. You guys are going to love what I have in store for Lillian and Justin! <3

Sorry if this chappie was boring. Erngangknkengk

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK! J

For next update:

50 comments

And 100 votes