XII.

I gritted my teeth as I slammed the car door shut

I gritted my teeth as I slammed the car door shut. The tires screeched as I sped down Rosaline's street. Multiple horns honked as I zoomed past, but now wasn't the time to follow traffic laws and I had a job to do.

I dialed Xavier's number as I made my way out of the city. He picked up at the first ring.

"I thought we weren't meeting the Romanovs for another two hours," I snapped before he could get a word in as I swerved past the bridge and out of the city.

"We were, but I got word the Russians decided to move their weapons in the next hour. Probably sell us an act that their hands were clean." Xavier spoke gruffly into the phone. "Negotiation is officially off the table."

"And I wore this damn suit for nothing." I muttered to myself.

Xavier ignored my complaining as he shouted at his driver to move faster on the other line. "If we miss them now, we lose our only chance to take out their operation. They will be impossible to track - we fail at stopping their shipments and lose our chance of getting information."

Hearing the urgency in his voice, the familiar adrenaline surged through my body, preparing for an upcoming fight.

"We can't have the police deal with this instead? I'm sure Benson would be more than willing to gloat about taking down a giant shipment from one of the most dangerous mafias in the world." I said with a hint of amusement in my anger, my grip tightening on the steering wheel.

"They won't make it in time and won't make the same calls we will. I'm not waiting to let them escape our grasp, especially due to the incompetence of that damn detective. Besides, the Romanovs have eyes and ears everywhere and I'm damn sure they have something useful about Angelo. We'll hand them over once they've served their purpose," Xavier spat. I heard Xavier yelling again before addressing me once more. "My ETA is thirty minutes and Erik should be there already. Interrupt and hold them off until I arrive, will you?" Xavier said with a hint of glee in his voice.

I felt a smirk raise on the corner of my mouth.

"It would be my pleasure. You will have to pay for any tailoring I'll need for my suit after I am done. It's going to get messy."

I slammed on the gas as I sped to my destination.

~*~

"Took you long enough." Erik scoffed as I walked towards our group.

We were in the middle of an empty dock, which had been abandoned for years. The compound was right next to it, the daylight making the building look worse for wear. It was the perfect place to operate without people stumbling by.

I ignored Erik's jab as I analyzed the men on this mission. I nodded as I recognized a few of the men. Including the new recruits, there were twelve of us in total.

John Hernandez sat in the back of his truck, polishing his weapon. John was a former SEAL. His skill as a sniper and military tactics made him one of our best hitters in the business.