XI.

I sighed as I snuggled into the warm covers

I sighed as I snuggled into the warm covers. A smile spread across my lips, the visuals of my dreams delicately playing in my head.

It was the first time in a long time that I had a full night's rest, not a single nightmare waking me up in terror as the Men in Black finally cornered me.

I blushed as the dreams fully registered in my head. I quickly shook them away, my tranquil moment trampled by reality. I made a silent vow to put those dreams in the dark recesses of my mind.

I closed my eyes and tossed the blankets over my head, hoping to go back to sleep. I almost successfully made it back to dreamland when I heard a knock.

Peeking through my sheet, I glared at the door.

"Flower, open up. You know I can easily open it, but I don't want to break the door." Damon called out from the hallway.

I let out an embarrassing whine as I realized that I couldn't return to my marvelous dream (that totally did not feature him at all). With a small pout, I left my cocoon and sulked to the door.

I opened the door and looked at Damon in annoyance, a yawn escaping my lips as I rubbed my eyes. I blinked groggily as I focused on the man in front of me, my eyes widening as I took in his appearance. My jaw dropped a little.

Gone was his attire of dark jeans and black leather jackets that he wore the last couple of nights. It was now replaced with an expensive black suit. The black buttons were done, and his red tie made a striking contrast with the rest of his attire. The suit fit his large frame perfectly, the fabric stretching out to show the toned muscles on his arms and legs.

"...Flower?" Damon's voice cut me out of my ogling and my eyes snapped to his amused ones. My face flushed in horror as he caught me practically undressing him with my eyes.

I opened and closed my mouth to come up with an excuse only to find none. Damon seemed to notice my suffering and decided to spare me from crawling into a hole from embarrassment.

"May I come in? I brought you some food." Damon raised a Starbucks bag containing what I assumed was breakfast. My stomach growled at the sight. I eagerly widened my door so he could come inside. Settling on my bed, he opened the bag to reveal some pastries and I beamed as I saw him unwrap a butter croissant.

"I didn't know what you preferred, but I got a bagel, muffin, croissant–" before Damon could finish, I grabbed the buttery morsel away from him. I took a large bite, enjoying the flavor and textures.

"Or you can take the croissant." Damon chuckled as he took the bagel and started eating.

We silently enjoyed our breakfast while I contemplated what to say, making sure I only took small glances at Damon. When I finished the pastry, I wiped the crumbs off my crumpled uniform that I wore to bed last night. I went to reach for the napkins in the bag when Damon grabbed my arm.