7

"No One Can Hurt Me When I'm a Burrito"

Jack Frost was livid.

He wanted to freeze everything in sight when he found out who the father of Evelina's baby was.

It shouldn't have come to a surprise to him at all, seeing as his daughter always seemed intrigued by the devil boy, but Jack hoped she wouldn't fall for Pan's charms anyways.

She clearly failed.

Jack watched as his daughter carefully ate her apple slices. She dipped her pieces of fruit into a little container filled with caramel before crunching down on it loudly.

After her return from the walk. no one had even noticed she had left. Loud arguments still rang throughout the loft and everyone had a different opinion on the situation. Jack couldn't help but feel numb.

It was a week that passed, and Jack knew it was time for him to leave again. His Guardian duties awaited him.

He and Evelina stood on the edge of the town line, neither of them knowing what to say. And the silence between daughter and father continued as Jack finally took flight without a single glance behind him.

And Evelina turned on her heel before heading back into town.

Not a single word was ever said.

~

It was a week after Jack Frost had left, and Evelina was once again under house arrest at the Charming's loft. She wasn't pleased.

"But I want to go too," she whined to Emma as she slid off her chair dramatically. Emma rolled her eyes.

"Get off the floor, Evelina."

She obeyed.

"Mom said you can't come. Besides, you need to rest," Emma said. Evelina scoffed.

"I'm pregnant, not useless! I can help!"

"Why do you even want to go? It's no fun searching for a house," Emma replied but the young girl smiled.

"I would like to give my input to the future house of Miss Emma Jones."

Emma blushed a deep red when she heard Hook's last name but she refused to give Evelina the satisfaction of seeing her all flustered so she quickly walked out the door and slammed it behind her.

Evelina groaned as she watched Emma leave without her. She was becoming quite bored inside the Charming's loft, having watched all sorts of movies and television shows until she dropped.

She looked down to her belly and frowned.

"Because of you, I can't eat sushi. I don't understand why people like being pregnant," she snapped.

After only getting halfway through her eighth movie, Evelina began to feel her stomach churn. She groaned and immediately jumped off the couch and ran to the bathroom where she emptied her stomach.

Evelina wanted to cry. The amount of stress she got from her pregnancy was getting to her. She couldn't eat certain things and what she did eat, the baby did not want and made her throw it all back up. It was going to be a picky bastard.

The ice princess clutched her belly as she finally got a break from the puking. She flushed the toilet but didn't get up.

She laid there, not even bothering with life anymore for all she wanted to do was truly sleep and never wake. Instead, Evelina just grabbed a towel off a hook and wrapped herself into a burrito.

"No one can hurt me when I'm a burrito," she mumbled to herself. She snuggled into the towel and decided not to move for the rest of the day.

Hours passed, and Evelina took a nap on the bathroom floor. She didn't even stir when Charming and Snow walked back into the loft.