1

Not My Secret to Tell

Once Upon a Time, in a land known as Storybrooke, there was a girl named Evelina Frost.

Evelina had beautiful platinum blonde hair that could always be found in a tight French braid that rested upon her shoulders. She viewed the world through big blue eyes and her joyous laughter escaped between her soft pink lips. A true visionary, she was loved by all.

Sometime before, she was taken away by her father for protection against someone who everyone called a monster. But Evelina didn't think he was a monster. She had fallen in love.
Peter Pan was her Romeo.

She had been through so much just to be with him. She crossed realms, lost a friend, and was nearly killed plenty of times.

But in the end, she was back to where she started.

Evelina was back in Storybrooke. Except for this time, she wasn't alone. She had a secret. She had brought someone else with her.

You just couldn't see them yet because they were simply hidden in her belly.

~

Evelina Frost stared back at her father, the man who had lied to her about her mother.

"I guess Snow sent you the memo that I'm back," Evelina mumbled as her eyes shifted to the ground. Jack took a couple of steps closer to her.

"It was Regina, actually. She insisted I come to see you," he replied. Evelina sighed. Of course, Regina contacted her father. Regina always told Evelina to keep her family close because they could be yanked away at any moment without a single warning. Evelina took that saying for granted.

Both father and daughter sat at a table outside of Granny's Diner as the party everyone had thrown for her went on inside.

Evelina looked down at her hands.

"There must be a reason why you decided to keep my mother's death a secret from me. I still can't figure out why," Evelina said softly. Jack Frost looked down, still pained by Elsa's memory.

"My darling Evelina, how could I tell you she was dead when I haven't even accepted it myself?"

~

They spent hours talking. Even after the party had diminished, they had a long overdue talk about Elsa Frost and her downfall. It wasn't until Jack saw the sun was about to rise, indicating the next morning, that he turned to his daughter and sighed.

"I have to get back to the North Pole," he stated. Evelina nodded. She knew he still was a Guardian. He still had responsibilities.

"Next winter I'll take some time off and we can go visit your aunt Anna in Arendelle. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to meet you, not Joan," Jack teased and Evelina laughed.

"I had forgotten about that," she mumbled. Jack wrapped his arms around his daughter and gave a squeeze.

"I love you so much, Evelina."

"I love you too dad."

He took flight without another word said. It would be months before Evelina would see him again and she knew that.

But she didn't fret.

She still had her family to guide her along the way.

~

The town was in a snooze, as many were still in their homes, avoiding the morning altogether. The cold wind blew through the emptied streets and nobody wanted to rise from their tight slumber. The only ruckus alive came from the small loft of the Charming's, Storybrooke's personal heroes.