Chapter 10: Soppy Days

Oh lord, y'all. The story is only 9 chapters in (10 now), it just started. I understand and I like the fact that y'all want to see when DJ meet Dalion, but when or if that comes, it would not be this soon. Just chill out. When the time gets here it just might be worth the wait.

As for the more frequent updates, I can't really promise y'all on that. I have other books too and I can't just spit words out. I just want to do what I love to do without being rushed. And if you become disinterested in the book then you don't have to read it. I promise you, I have no type of feelings. You're entitled to your own opinion.

--------------------------------------

Imma try to swim from something bigger than me

Frank Ocean x Swim Good

I fucking give up. I'm just going to let the plates fall where they may because trying gets me no where. Everybody is telling me one thing while my mind and heart telling me another, I just don't have time. I just know that I can't keep living my life in a box, because I'm scared. I have had so much time to prepare myself but the most preparation I can get is to not be prepared. I'm just going to go with the flow. What ifs and trying to be ready for situations that might not even happen, is useless. Through all my experience, I should know that rules get broken, hopes get crushed, and plans get ruined. It's life. So what is the fucking point of even trying to map out all of the things in life? I have reached far too many dead ends and I just fucking give up. Life is fucking life.

After putting Dalion's car seat in Shay's truck, I went back into the house. Shay was sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone while the boys and Kimmy sat on the floor watching cartoons.

“Okay, I'm ready.” I said grabbing my purse from the kitchen counter.

Shay turned the TV off, grabbed her kids and went outside while I got all of my things situated. I grabbed the wrapped present from the coffee table, grabbed Dalion and we made our way out. Shay was putting Kimmy in her seat and I started buckling Dalion up as I sat him in the back row. I let out a frustrated sigh when the belt wouldn't snap.

“You okay?” Shay asked.

I mumbled a 'yeah' when the belt was secure. Getting out the car and closing the back door, I was about to get into the passenger seat until Shay told me to wait. Once she finished with Kimmy and closed the door, she came to my side and rested her hip on the truck.

She had that look on her face and I knew she was going to say something that was going to irritate me. I know Shay like the back of my hand and sometimes I knew what she was going to do before she did it.

“Look, Alexia. You are not going to do this.”

I rolled my eyes at her. “Do what Shay?”

“Act like you have to go. Like you were forced.”

For real, that shit just pissed me off. She has been on my ass, drilling me to go and now she's saying I wasn't forced. Technically I wasn't, but if somebody keep pressing you that fucking hard, then that's what it feels like. Now she making it seem like it wasn't her idea and that she did nothing to make me go. Shay coerced the fuck out of me.

“Shay, you have been pressuring me to go this party so, I feel like I don't have choice. Be happy.”

She shook her head. “Alexia, you are not going to that girls party in this sour ass mood.”

Am I sour? A little. But am I still going to this party? Yes. I'm not doing this for anybody but Dalion. Like Shay said, I can't let him be anti-social because of my problems. He deserves more than that. And if I do so happen to run into him then it is what it is. I couldn't care less at this moment.