Chapter 8: Too Easily

Didn't take that long, did it? ;)

--------------------------------------

I'm not at home in my own home
And I've tried and tried to say what's on my mind

Beyonce x Listen

Alexia's P.O.V.

Knocking on Shay's door, I slump my shoulders. I was just tired. I used to enjoy coming home from work and being tired. It gave me a sense of pride and completion. Now this shit was straight up tiring. It made me not want to wake up anymore. Just roll the fuck over and ignore everything. But I couldn't, and that was life.

My eyes hung low and Shay came to the door. I looked at her as she wore her pajama shorts and tank top. Even if it was warm in the house, it's still freezing outside and in my head it just didn't make sense. I wanted to beg her to put on something warmer but I had a feeling it was one of those motherly instinct moments.

Her eyes scanned me up and down and she finally decided to let me in. We didn't speak as I went into her living room and plopped on the couch. My head rested on the arms of the sofa as I closed my eyes. It's been an entire week since I got here and between working, seeing Mama, and taking care of Dalion, I just can't catch a break. I do get weekends off but even then, I still take the time to see my mother, and it's just not enough time for me to catch up on rest.

“Well,” Shay huffed as she sat down on the couch next to me “You look like shit.”

Lifting my head I looked at her with a shut the fuck up look. She laughed as if I was joking.

“Okay, for real.” she said tapping my leg. “I got something to tell you.”

I could hear the seriousness in her voice so I grudgingly sat up and looked at her. Sitting my elbow on the back of the couch, I rested my head on the knuckles of my hand. As I looked in her eyes, I could see that this was something important and I knew that she was hesitating to tell me. Shay always says things with out even thinking so for her to sit here and contemplate her words really isn't sitting well with me.

“Okay,” I said. “I'm listening.”

She bit her lip and narrowed her eyes at me.

“So, look,” she started “I've been holding this shit in for too long and I finally decided I will let you know...”

I waited for her to say something else but she never did. Losing my patience, I gestured for her to continue.

“Well, last week when I went to get Dalion's inhaler, I ran into DJ and-”

“Wait what? What do you mean you ran into DJ?”

“I was in the line and he was behind me, so-”

“Was Dalion with you?” I interrupted again.

She simply nodded.

"He didn't see him, though."

Sinking into the couch, I put my head back on the armrest. I crossed my arms over my eyes and cussed under my breath. A part of me knew something like this was going to happen but the other part, the more stubborn part, was angry. I tried everything in my power to avoid situations like this. Even if they didn't come across each other, it was a damn close call. This here, this exact situation, just reminds me of why I left. Why I wasn't supposed to be here. It reminds me that I can never let my guard down. If I slip one fucking time, then everything that I worked so hard to dodge, was going to hit me in my gottdamn face.

“Alexia, I think this is a sign.” Shay said as she rubbed my knee “I think this is the universe trying to tell you that it's time to tell him. This whole little charade that you throwing is going to blow up in your fucking face. Just do it now, Alexia before you're whole world comes crumbling.”