Chapter 5: Something or Nothing

It's hard to do these things alone

Just hold on, we're going home

                         -Drake

Alexia's P.O.V.

 “Dalion, please don't do this with mommy today.” I sighed.

He never liked for me to wash his face but today it's more a struggle than usual. As hard as it was to wake him from his sleep, I managed. A grumpy faced boy is not a good way to start a day. I can't blame him though, I'm not too excited about leaving either.

He groaned as he pulled his head away from my hands.

“I'm tired.” he whined.

“Okay, okay. I'm almost done.”

I wiped the last bit of sleep from his eye and as soon as I was done, he jetted out the bathroom. I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or sigh in defeat.

I tried to explain to him what was going on, but how do you explain something like this to a 3 year old? I didn't know what was going on my damn self so how could I tell him? In the end, I told him we were going on a vacation. In my mind, I was technically right. As soon as everything passes over, we can come right back and everything will go back to normal. A vacation.

I walk out the bathroom and go into Dalion's room. The only thing left in there were a couple of his toys, a few boxes, and his bed. I shook my head when I saw him sprawled out over his Marvel covers. I decided I would just let him rest a little longer, while I finish packing the car.

Grabbing some boxes from the corner of the room -which I'm struggling to do by myself-, I wobble my way to the living room. I swear, I didn't know this boy had this much stuff. Before I can get to the door, the doorbell rings.

“Shit.” I cursed. I dropped the box at my feet and walk the extra paces to the door.

It's 7 o'clock in the morning. Who knocks on people's doors at this time? I look through the peephole and a smile of relief flashed on my face.

“Jay Jay.” I almost sighed as I swung the door open.

He sent me a heartwarming smile.

“Knowing you, I knew you would need a little help.”

I rolled my eyes as I stepped aside to let him in. But I still felt grateful. Him being here really would settle me a little. I've been going fucking crazy this past week. Trying to get everything together at the very last minute is pretty much impossible. I couldn't even figure out how to start so who knows how I'm going to finish.

“Alright.” Jay Jay clapped his hands. “Let's get this done.”

I tiredly smiled and nodded my head. Let's get this shit done.

2 hours of packing, stacking, and loading boxes. Let me tell you, those apartment stairs are no joke. The place was now empty, only with a few things left that wouldn't fit in my car. Jay Jay was able to get a storage unit for me, and when we leave, he would take them there.

Somewhere along us packing up the car, Dalion joined us --awoken from his sleep. He wanted to help, so Jay Jay assigned him tasks like packing up the rest of his toys and carrying, the 'big boy' boxes. It was cute nonetheless.

I think Jay Jay was using this time to hold on to Dalion a little longer. Dalion was his little helper. As much of a hassle he could be, he was like his grandchild. It hurt me a little, that Jay Jay would be by himself again after getting used to the company of someone so...energetic.