Chapter 14: Happenings

Aaaaaannnddd here we goooo...

---------------------------------------------------------

What now? I just can't figure it out 
              What Now x Rihanna 

It wasn't supposed to happen like this.

Shit, I don't know how it was supposed to happen but it definitely was not like this.

I always knew that it wasn't going to be pretty but this... this wasn't supposed to happen.

Everything about him was dark. His eyes were clouded with something heavy and as I looked deeper into them, my heart thundered against my chest. He was a fucking storm.

My finger nails dug into his wrist as his dug into my neck harder. My breath was coming out in short pants and I gasped as he held me against the wall. I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

If I knew DJ, I knew that he wouldn't actually kill me. He wanted to see his prey suffer and got a kick out of scaring them shitless. He enjoyed seeing the pain in their eyes and watching them beg and plead for mercy. He was fucking twisted like that and his anger only charged him more. But this wasn't anger. This was rage.

But if he thought I was going to beg... he had another thing coming.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you."

I did what I did for a reason, if anybody agrees or not. I couldn't give two fucks. Nobody understood DJ like I did. He wasn't going to leave regardless of having a baby or not. He was young and just reaching his prime in the game and you really think he was going to give up the fast life for a white picket fence and a 9 to 5? Huh! Yeah, fucking right. Back then I never understood that there was a fine line between love and greed.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't kill you."

As I looked deeper into his eyes and watched them burn black I couldn't help but think... DJ ain't shit, was never shit, and will never be shit.

"Okay." I wheezed while still clinging to him "Here's a reason"

I didn't give him time to think as I brought my knee up to the junction between his legs.

"Fuck!" He cussed and stumbled back. I took his moment of surprise to catch my breath. My head fell back against the wall and I closed my eyes to recuperate. DJ hunched over and clutched his sore balls. After 5 seconds of catching my breath and rubbing my bruised neck, I marched over to his hunching form. Just as he was standing up straight, my fist clocked him right in the jaw.

"The fuck I tell you about threatening me in my house?" I said, fuming "And then you put your fucking hands on me?" I punched him again "You must have really lost yo fuckin' mind!"

He groaned and stumbled again. I brought my fist up again, ready to throw another one but his hand covered mine mid-air. My other hand came up and he caught that one too. He pinned both my arms to my sides and I struggled against him.

"You better let me the fuck go."

His jaw tightened again "Hit me again, Alexia, I swear to God."

I continued to fight against him until I managed to shimmy my way out of his grip. Giving him a good shove against his chest, I pushed away from him. He lost his footing a bit but still stood.

We were now on opposite sides of the room and both breathing heavy. He looked at me and I looked at him. Our huffing was the only thing that could be heard but it might as well have been complete silence. We stayed like like for a while, just glaring at each other.