Chapter 4: Chances

I told y'all the first few chapter were going to be uneventful so please don't remind me.

And I do realize it's short

------------------------------------------------------------------

I would hold you in my arms

I would take the pain away

Thank you for all you've done

Forgive all your mistakes.

Christina Aguilera x Hurt

 D.J.'s POV

Tapping the last stack of money on the table, I sit back on the couch and take another hit of my blunt.

“Shit, I just don't know man. She talkin' about marriage and all that shit. I don't think I'm ready for all that.” Black vented as he slouched in the chair.

I shook my head. Jaz and Black been on some rocky shit lately. She still with her mom and Black is losing his mind about his baby girl. I feel for him and his issues but it's not my place to give him advice about shit like that.

“Shit, ion't know either. Y'all just need to sit down and talk. You my boy and all but I can't help you with this.”

“Shit,” he groaned, rubbing the back of his head. “I try to give her everything but it's like it's not enough. She still want more. I don't know what else to do.”

I take another hit and shrug my shoulders. I honestly don't know why he's looking at me for answers. He knows I don't do relationships. I ain't been in a relationship in like what- 4 years now? Girls can't handle my lifestyle and I became cool about the shit. Dealing ain't for everybody. Bitches swear they can ride but as soon as we hit a speed bump, they wanna run. A relationship ain't gonna do nothing but slow me down.

“Alright, look.” I said leaning on my knees “Do you love Jazmine?”

“Yeah.” He replied.

“Do you love Neveah?”

“Yeah, man.”

“Do you love the streets?”

“Yea, nigga! What's yo point?” He yelled agitated.

“My point is, you need to find a balance. I'm not saying to choose one over another. I'm asking what would benefit you the most and make you the most happy.”

Black sat back in the chair thinking. I've known Black for years and I ain't never seen him so throwed. If I was in his position right now, I don't know what I would do either. The game is something that we knew since we was teens and throwing all that away is not as easy as it sounds. We worked hard to get where we at and dropping everything to leave it where it's at is hard. It's like working so hard on a painting then burning it.

A ring sounded through the room and interrupted us from our conversation. I look at the caller ID and roll my eyes. This nigga.

“Yo, man.” I said.

“Y'all niggas ready?” Syd asked.

Syd is one of the Dope Boys. He cool and all but I don't think he's the sharpest knife in the drawer. He's one of those people who's fucking brilliant but do stupid shit.

I sucked my teeth. I forgot about that shit.

“Yea. We on our way.”

I hung up the phone and looked at Black who was confused looking.

“Who was that?” he asked.

“Syd ass. We was suppose to have that stupid ass Nigga Night.”