Going to School

Chapter 5

EPOV

It's been 2 years since we found our little Isabella.

My little love...

Little lovely love...

I was sitting at my piano bench.

"Edward!" I heard our, now six year old human, yell.

Then I heard Emmett start laughing and a splash in the pool in the back yard. Oh no! oh god no! He threw her in the pool? That idiot!

I ran at full speed out of the house and stopped at the pool.

Bella hadn't come to the surface yet.

I jumped in after her.

I grabbed onto her arm and pulled her up.

She came up gasping for air.

Emmett was at the side of the pool looking at Bella with a smile before he started laughing he said.

"See I told you, he would jump in after you. Like he would ever let anything happen to you..." Emmett said to her.

Then I understood. This was a test. To see if I would save her from the most simple of things.

"Edward. I would never let anything happen to my little sister." Emmett said.

"I know but I can't help my instincts." I said to Emmett.

"It's perfectly fine that my Edward wants to protect me." Bella said in her as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

"Aww your Edward. He belongs to you. That's so cute. Edward your whipped!" Emmett yelled laughing.

"Emmy, stop!" Bella yelled back surprizing both of us.

She looked really mad about this.

Emmett looked hurt by her anger and imediatly sobered up.

"I'm sorry Bell. I didn't... mean to upset you... I was just kidding..." He said slowly.

I lifted Bella out of the pool and onto the concreat by the edge.

Emmett walked over to Bella and kneeled down. He wrapped his arms around her and she wrapped hers around him.

"Please forgive me Bella. I'm really sorry." He said sincerally.

"Only if you promise not to pester me or Edward about belonging to the other anymore." She said.

Emmett pulled back to look her in the eye. "I promise. I never want to make you upset, Bell. I love you, little sis."

"Love you too, Emmy." She smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

Then she turned and looked at me. I had been out of the water watching them for a few minutes.

She then ran over and hugged my legs. "Thank you for saving me, Edward."

I leaned down and hugged her back. "Always, love." I told her.

Emmett took off into the house.

I pick Bella up. "How about we go and change you into something dry so you don't get sick."

I started toward the house.

"Okay, but then, Mommy wanted to talk to me." She smiled as she said this, she really did love Esme with all her little heart.

"Okay then we'll take you to Esme after your dressed." I kissed her forhead.

Bella dressed in a dark blue sweater and jeans.