Our Meadow

**Chapter 4**

Esme pulled Bella into her arms and lifted her in the air above her head laughing. Bella giggled.

She was so cute...

Esme looked so happy as she hugged Bella close to her chest.

"I love you Bella, your like the baby girl I always wanted." Esme said into Bella's hair.

"I love you too, mommy." Bella said.

Esme looked like she could cry if that were possible.

Alice walked over and stroked Bella's hair.

"I've always wanted a sister to spoil and smother." Alice smiled at her. "You know I love you too don't you Bella?" Alice asked.

"Of course I do!" Bella smiled.

Emmett walked back into the room and faked hurt. "No one loves me!" He said faking.

"Yes I do big brother!" Bella yelled.

Emmett looked at her in shock. "You think of me as your big brother?"

Bella looked at him first in confusion, then in hurt. "I just thought... since I'm part of the family now... I didn't mean to make you mad..."

"Mad? why would I be mad? I think that's great Bell. I love you like a little sister too." He walked over and took Bella from Esme and gave her a big hug.

"Love you too Bell." He whispered in her ear.

I was so happy to see my family take her in so lovingly and fully.

Bella looked over at me with those big brown eyes.

"I love you Edward." She spoke slowly and sweetly. The way she said that played with my heart strrings.

This little girl had me like putty in her little hands, I was wrapped so tight around those fingers. She could have asked for anything at that moment and it would have been her's in a heartbeat.

I walked over and stroked her hair. I leaned down, kissed her head and looked her in the eye.

"I love you too, Isabella" She looked up at me happily and wrapped her arms around my neck putting her in my arms.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her.

"Yup, I'm ready when you are." She smiled.

"Lets go!" I said, suddenly enthusiastic about showing her the meadow.

We walked out of the house and as I carried her we walked in the direction of the meadow.

...

The walk to the meadow is roughly 2 miles south from the house.

As we drew closer I looked down at Bella.

"Bella theirs one more thing you need to know about vampires..." I started.

"Yes?" she asked curiously, but still not scared in anyway.

"We look different that people in the sunlight. Our skin reacts differently." I said slowly.

"Now I'm curious." She giggled.

We walked until we got to the edge and I put Bella down. She walked forward into the sunlight in awe.

The sun was hitting the trees at the perfect angle so the shadows were almost right below them  instead of casting on the meadow. The beautiful yellow and blue flowers were in full bloom at this time and the fragrence filled the air.

"It's so pretty!" She squealed.

Then she looked back at me, wanting to share this moment with me.

I looked her in the eyes and slowly walked forward until I was fully in the sunlight.

I heard her gasp and expected her to run screaming away from me but I didn't expect the reaction I got.

"Your so beautiful." She said her voice full of wonder.

"Not as beautiful as you." I said as I walked over and sat down next to were she stood.

She walked over and sat down in ront of me. I pulled her into my lap.

She grabbed my hand and held in close to her face, trying to see what made it sparkle like crystal but be as hard as steel.

Then she looked up at me and smiled.

"I found this place when I was out hunting a few years ago. It's were I go to think when I need to be alone... But this place is so special to me I haven't shared it with anyone before now." I smiled crookedly at her.

Her breathing sped up and I laughed at her awed expression once again.

"Breathe Bella." I reminded her.

She breathed. "Thank you." She whispered.

"I love it here."

"This meadow is your's now my Bella. It belongs to you." I said.

She looked up at me with those big brown eyes. "It's our meadow my Edward. It belongs to us."

I chuckeld at her and she giggled.

"Okay then. It's ours. It's were we'll always go to escape the world." I said.

She wrapped her small arms around my neck and leaned her head against my chest.

"I love you, Edward." She said.

"I love you, Bella." I said.

More than you'll ever know...