Park?

Edward's POV

It was getting later in the morning, almost noon, before Bella began to stir in her bed.

She rolled over and looked at me sitting in her rocking chair in the corner, and smiled at me.

The sun seemed to shine a little brighter though the window.

"Good morning, sweetheart." I said standing and walking over to her bed.

"Good morning!" She said happily.

I laughed at her gently. "Why are you in such an enthusiastic mood?" I asked smiling because her's was contagious.

"Because your here." She said simply, then she raised her arms to me in silent permission for a hug.

I lifted her into my arms. "Well, I said I would be didn't I?" I asked as I hugged her close and I kissed her head.

My throat ripped into flames. The pain was so worth it. But it's worse today.

I need to hunt.

She raised her head and my eyes connected with hers.

I stared into warm, melting chocolate.

Then a certain pixie had to ruin my moment.

"Bella!" Alice squealed running in the room, bouncing up and down, grinning from ear to ear.

"What is it Alice?" She asked, looking scared at whatever Alice had planned.

"I just saw that it's going to be warm today so I thought maybe you'd want to go to the park?" Alice asked.

Bella's face lit up.

"Yes!" Bella loved parks.

"Excellent." Alice said. Then she turned on me. "You. Out." She pointed her finger at me and then the door.

"Why?" Bella and I both asked annoyed.

"Because I am going to be dressing Bella and unless you are planning to say and watch-"

"Stop! I heard enough!" I yelled as Alice ginned and Bella giggled.

I sat Bella down on the bed. "I'm going to go down and starting breakfast for you."

"Okay. I'll meet you down there in a few minutes." She said.

I hugged her to me one last time and she kissed my cheek as I pulled away.

Then Alice swept her up in her arms and disapeared into the closet.

I walked down stairs to the kitchen and found Esme had already beat me to the stove.

She was laying some pancakes and eggs on a plate next to a sippy cup of orange juice.

"Esme you always know just when to start cooking." I laughed.

She turned from the sink she was rinsing the pan in. "Mothering instinct." She smiled.

I sat down across the table from where Esme had Bella's breakfast.

About thirty seconds later Bella came running down the stairs and tripped on the last step.

I dashed into the hall and caught her just as she started to fall.

She gasped and looked up.

I looked down with concern.

"Are you okay, Bella?" I asked.

"Yes, thank you for catching me." She said breathlessly and starting to blush.

I stood her upright. "Why were you running? You know how bad your balance is, Bella." I scolded.