Attacks

15 years old

Edwards POV

I had just walked into the house from my hunt when Bella flew out of Alice's room.

"ISABELLA SWAN!"

She bolted down the hall, dodging the door that opened and running down the stairs.

I was impressed she'd managed to stay upright as she ran. Then she came to the bottom of the stairs and tripped on the last one before catching herself and hiding behind me.

She was a little taller than were my elbows were now.

"Morning Edward." She said breathlessly, gripping my shirt and leaning around me to watch an angry Alice stomp down the stairs.

I laughed lightly. "Good morning, little love. From the looks of it I take you slept well?" I joked.

"BELLA! Why aren't you wearing what I picked out for you!?" The angry Pixie demanded.

".... What's life without a little rebellion?" She asked and I could feel her shaking with laughter.

"This will NOT happen again, understood?" She yelled.

Bella gave a salute with an amused look.

Alice walked back upstairs but she stopped half way up the stairs to glare at Bella who'd hid behind my back again.

I watched Alice disappear. Then I lifted my arm to watch Bella lean around me again.

"Isn't it a little early for you to be getting into trouble?" I asked.

She grinned at me. "Apparently not."

I pulled her around to face me and before I could hug her first she wrapped her arms around me.

"Alice doesn't appreciate my attempt at humor." She said.

"You don't appreciate mine." I watched Emmett walk in the room laughing.

She pulled away form me to look at him. "Yours aren't funny." She said with a grin.

"What!?" Emmett said.

He then walked over, picked Bella up and threw her over his shoulder as he carried her into the kitchen.

"Man, why does everyone want to pick on Bella today?" She asked.

I chuckled as I followed behind.

She looked up at me.

"You just keep finding yourself stuck in these situations." I laughed.

"Kind of hard not to," She turned to yell at Emmett holding her. "- When you live in a house full of amazingly strong vampires that can juggle cars."

He laughed at her.

"Hey we only tried that Experience once and I told Carlisle I'd buy him a new Mercedes."

She laughed with him now.

Emmett walked into the kitchen where Esme stood next to the stove.

"Morning Esme." Emmett said to her before turning to pull out a chair.

When he turned, Bella face her.

"Morning mom." She waved from Emmett's back.

Then she let out a small squeal as she was sat up right in a kitchen chair.

Esme walked over with a plate of eggs and sat them in front of Bella.

"Sounds like you've had an interesting morning." She mused.