Chapter 18

This chapter isn’t going to be anything special; it’s more of a filler chapter, if anything. I’m planning on releasing new story right after this one is finished, but I still haven’t decided which one I want to work on. I’ve actually created a beginning for three different stories, but they’ve all seemed to give me writer’s block midway through the first chapter. I don’t know, I want to try something new. I haven’t really done anything revolving around summer before (hint hint).

Anyways, if you ever want to holla at me my Instagram is @vanbuns and my tumblr is @vanessaahx3 

Enjoy reading :)

Chapter 18

                Aunt Tara was always the most festive person out of the entire family. She celebrated every holiday and threw a big party for each one. Most family members she invited almost never came because the airfare was just too expensive for them to fly to each of Aunt Tara’s gatherings, but for Christmas, everyone always found their way to show up.

                Relatives and friends spent their Christmas Eve at Aunt Tara’s house to feast on the excessive amounts of food, all while old Christmas carols blared from the speakers in the living room. Although the house was decorated the same every year with wreaths and garland covering every inch of the walls and furniture, it never got old.

                “Wow,” Reina gasped as we stood outside on Aunt Tara’s driveway, “I can smell the gingerbread from here.”

                Jace turned to me, gently brushing his fingers against mine while maintain a small smile on his lips. “Yeah,” he whispered, “I can already tell this is going to be great. Thanks for inviting us, Everly.”

                “Seriously!” Reina grinned from ear to ear excitedly. “Jace and I haven’t celebrated Christmas like this since I was eight. Are you sure your aunt doesn’t mind having two extra people over?”

                “Don’t worry. I’ve already spoken with her over the phone about this.” I assured, ignoring the blush that crept upon my face from the gentle gesture by Jace. “She’s more than happy to have you guys over.”

                The three of us approached the front steps of Aunt Tara’s house, ringing the doorbell as a soft tune chimed. Reina was focused on the two lighted reindeers that sat on the front porch as she reached a hand out to touch the twinkling bulbs. “Wow,” she muttered, “your aunt really does go all out with the decorations.”

                “Wait until you see the inside.” I warned.

                The door suddenly opened as Aunt Tara stood by the entrance with a wide grin across her lips. She was sporting her favorite red and green Christmas sweater that she wore every year, and tied around her waist was an apron with little snowmen on it. “Everly!” Aunt Tara greeted as she pulled me in for a tight embrace. “My goodness, I haven’t seen you since the last holiday season. You get more beautiful by the year!”

                I laughed as Aunt Tara escorted us all inside, closing the door behind her. “Aunt Tara, I want you to meet Jace and Reina. These two are siblings.”

                Reina, obviously the more outgoing one, shoved aside her brother as she stuck her hand out to greet my aunt. “Nice to meet you, Aunt Tara.” She gave her a charming smile. Aunt Tara brushed away Reina’s outstretched hand before pulling her into a welcoming hug.

                “What’s with all of the formalities?” Aunt Tara joked as she gestured for Jace to join the hug, as well.

Jace shyly held back a smile before he hesitantly joined the welcoming hug with his sister and my aunt. Once the three pulled away, Jace gave Aunt Tara a proper greeting- all manners included. “Thank you for having my sister and I over this Christmas.”