I Don't Like You Like That

A/n: I hate author's notes at the beginning of chapters but it feels necessary to say that this is the oneshot I already had posted, but someone reported it and it got taken down so I edited some and badda boom. It's basically the exact same but vote anyway plsss, ALSO A NEW TEACHERXSTUDENT ONESHOT LIKE TOMORROW ISH IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TONIGHT BUT THERE'S BEEN TOO MANY COMPLICATIONS

*Tyler's POV*

Smut Warning, as one might assume from anything that I write

I took a deep uneven breath, gripping the sink as I stared at myself in the mirror. My hair was on point, my outfit complimented me perfectly, and I had exactly what I wanted to get done in the video written down. In truth, this was going better than ninety-percent of my video preparations. So why was I hiding out in the bathroom stalling for time with sweaty palms? Oh, I guess you could blame that on the little twink sitting cross-legged on my bed, scrolling carelessly through Tumblr. It wasn't so much Troye as a whole, normally he was the only person in the world that made me feel calm. It was the situation I was going to have to face the second I walked out there. It's not like I really had room to be having a mini panic attack, after all, it had been me that suggested it. A slightly intoxicated me, at 3am on a Friday night, but it was still me and I still had to live up to my word. 

"Tyler? Are you feeling okay?" Great. Now he thinks I'm in here getting sick. I coughed loudly, running my hands through my hair nervously one last time. 

"Yeah, I'll be out in just a sec." I grabbed my toothbrush, eagerly squirting toothpaste over it and going to work on my pearly whites. I wasn't sure how far he was going to let this go, but I wanted to be prepared for anything. I placed the toothbrush on the counter gently, licking my lips nervously. Let's do this. 

I turned and plastered on the most emotionless face I could manage, walking out into my bedroom. Troye was still sprawled out on my bed, though at some point he'd managed to scrounge a jar of Nutella and was eating it absentmindedly. He must not have heard me come out. For a fleeting moment the sight of him calmed my nerves like it always did, before his eyes flickered up and met with mine, filled with concern.

"Tilly? Is something wrong?" He asked hurriedly, setting his laptop aside and patting the bed beside him. I walked over cautiously, shaking my head on the way.

"Everything's fine! So, do you, uh, want to run over the plans for the video?" I asked, sinking down on the bed next to him. He instinctively wrapped an arm around my shoulders, squeezing my arm supportively with his free hand.

"Do you think we can maybe just wing it?"

"You are so lazy." I groaned, letting my head fall onto his shoulder. I was relieved to find being close to him had the same calming effect it always did, though what was about to happen kept playing in the back of my mind. It was childish and stupid, getting this worked up over some stupid 'challenge' prompt for a video, but I couldn't help it. It wasn't like it was a drunk collab with Sawyer or a carefree video with Mamrie, it was a video with Troye. A video that'd surely be over-analyzed by thousands. Possibly the absolute worst video we could do together, given the whole shipping madness we were trying to tone down. Well, I was trying to tone down. 

"You are such a control freak. Come on, let's just go with whatever happens, happens. We can always edit awkward bits out." I rolled my head on my shoulders, looking up at him skeptically. Of course he would suggest that, because he wasn't nervous in the slightest. In fact, I was willing to bet he was looking forward to it. He jumped up, gesturing for me to follow as he headed out toward the living room. I groaned, reluctantly obeying and trailing after him.