The strum of confession

Percy p.o.v

I was running at top speed to my cabin with Annabeths note clasped in my fist. I was having a panic attack because I had heard everything, her talking to Thalia. It is one thing to know your best friend likes you but that I have feelings for her too. though, Maybe the note would just say 'lol you suck , stop spying on me creep'. I lay on my bunk with the note on my chest.
Should I read it. Of course you should my brain was telling me but my heart was scared, what if I told her my feelings and then she didn't want me. Well better get the note over and done with.

Dearest, Singing admirer

I do not know who you are and that is something I can't stand. If I knew you we could.. well befriend out each other.
To cut it short I'm going to be in the woods tomorrow, you don't have to come but it would spare me grief if you did.

Love, you Singing Admirer.

OH
MY
GODS.

I could have screamed if I wasn't so breathless. I have to do this. Energy was filling my chest and I was so giddy. I couldn't help it but I let out a long note. "Eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh" it pierced my ears and it must have been a whistle note. It not everyday you crush asks to meet you. I had no dignity anyMore so I threw open my cabin door and ran to the lake. Don't know why but a just fell in and sat there under the water having a silent song. And I knew what I must do.

That morning I set off with my weapon of choice strapped across my back, it was My Ukulele. I stood on the forest edge and before I left .I took into account that this moment could change my life. I breathed in deeply and set off into the woods.

Annabeth p.o.v

I walked out to the forest early. My stomach was doing three-sixes and my heart was going so fast it could have made a bomb. My feet took me a random place, it was the place where Percy and I almost kissed. I sat with no feeling and lay me back against a tree. My back was to the way I came. The stream was whispering, calming and singing to me on as I waited. It was such a nice morning and I was so tired, my eyelids drifted to a close and I slept quietly.

I woke with a start and listened eagerly.I heard the sound of a branch snapping and then I voice came from nowhere.