Chased By A Monster

We arrived back at base as they were unloading the damaged tail and brought it in to examine. Instead of getting rest like Will and the rest told me to, I decided to take part. I wanted to know what this thing is. 

        An analyst observed, and concluded. "It's like a self-regenerating molecular armor." Will was also observing, "Look at the scorch mark where the sabot round hit. Melted right through." I took a closer look at the hole, defiantly melted the metal. "Hey, aren't sabots hot-loaded for, like, a 6,000-degree magnesium burn?" I asked looking at Epps.

        "Close to it. It melts tank armor." He said just standing cautiously a ways from it. "So this metal skin must react to extreme heat." Will suggested and the tail suddenly came to life. "Heads up!" I yelled as it narrowly missed impaling Epps. I just looked with a shocked face that turned into laughter. After it deactivated, Epps angrily berated the analyst, "I thought you said that thing was dead man!" I heard a chuckle come from Will too.

        It laid itself back down on the table and we wrapped our arms over it to stop it moving again. "Strap it down!" Will ordered and pointed at the tail. "That thing is wicked. All right, get on the phone with Northern Command. Tell them that our effective weapon is high-heat sabot rounds. Recommend we load them on all the gunships. Go."

        I went with Epps when I got a phone call from a very disturbed Sam Witwicky. "Kadie? Kadie, listen to me. Listen. My car, it stole itself, okay?" I was very confused, "What are you talking about Sam?" I grabbed the keys to Will's truck, with permission of course, and drove into town to my favourite shop. I climbed in and put Sam on speaker phone so I could drive. "Satan's Camaro. In my yard. It's stalking me." After that I heard a mumble of, "Stop! No, no, no. Oh, my God!" Then he hung up.

        I pulled into the parking lot, realizing I'm still in uniform. Well, shit. I stat down and ordered a cup of tea when I think I saw Sam on a pink bike hurdling towards me and the upturned pieces of cement on the sidewalk. He flipped, I chuckled. "Sam?" "Kadie? Hi. Listen," he said as he got up and picked up his pretty pink bike. "I'm losing my mind a little bit. I'm getting chased by my car right now. I got to go." And off he went. I sat there contemplating what he might mean. Fuck it. I just got up and got in the truck and followed him down the street when, what do ya know, there's his yellow Camaro...following him...on a Barbie pink bicycle. I took out my phone chuckled and took a picture.

        I stopped as a police car abruptly stopped for a second in front of me and then took off after Sam. Great, his dad's going to be pleased, but I continued to follow the motley crew. I stopped and parked after I saw him enter a scrap yard by the looks of it, his car following close behind. Plus the cops later on showed up, I heard a commotion and got out of the truck to walk towards where they entered the building. I might as well try and help by talking to the cops, I looked and saw Sam came running out yelling and screaming. "Get back! Go!"

        He pushed me backwards causing me to fall over, "You better have an extraordinary explanation for that Sam!" He just scrambled around on the ground yelling, "Okay, there's a monster right there! It just attacked me!" As I look where he was flailing his arm I saw what he meant. "Here he comes! All right, get up. Get up and run! You have to run!" As he said that I heard a car to my left, Sam's Camaro, and in mid-drift it knocked over the thing. It opened the door, there was no one in there. What the hell? 

        "You have to get in the car. Get in!" He yelled and I jumped in the passenger side after Sam as the thing started to get up. Sam must have yelled "Go!" a million times. As we got the hell out of here, so did that thing. It ran behind us and transformed back into that police car. I was wide eyed and speechless. It was a full on race.

        We ended up backing into a warehouse parking space, the doors locked and engine off. The police car slowly drove on by then stopped. The engine started and we maneuvered behind it, the police still followed closely behind. Sam's car tossed us out and transformed into another monster. I grabbed Sam's arm and ran to the nearest shelter, we got there and the monsters were in a full on battle to the death. I reached for my phone, "Crap!" I yelled. Sam just looked at me confused. "I left my phone in the truck." Sam just looked at me, "That's what you're most worried about right now!"

       I gave him a glare, "Do not take that tone with me." He apologized and we found Sam's car standing waiting for us to go to it. I think.

        "What is it?" Sam asked. "Its a robot, like what I saw in Qatar, but a friendly one." Sam looked at me, "You were in Qatar? I saw on the news there were no survivors." I looked back at him, "All I can tell you is all I know, there was seven of us that survived." We both looked back at the car, or now, robot.

       Sam got asking it all these questions. I think it got annoyed and transformed into a car and opened the door. We got in and while we were in the tunnel, we had a little argument which resulted in it kicking us out and coming back as a fucking brand new Camaro. Sam lucked out, I've gotta say.

        We stopped and got out, looking over buildings as asteroids fell to earth. "Those your buddies?" I asked. "Throughout the inanimate vastness of space...Angels will rain down like visitors from heaven! Hallelujah!" He said through the radio, I'll take that as a yes. "So what do we do now?" I inquire. The car replied, "I've got a few people I'd like you to meet."