We Are Not Alone

On the chopper to Qatar.

        Fig leaned back, "Oh, God, five months of this. I can't wait to get a little taste of home." He's been saying the same thing forever. It starts to get annoying, and I'm not the only one to come to this conclusion.

    I looked at Epps face and chuckled. "Man you've been talking about barbecued 'gators and crickets for the last two weeks. I'm never going to your mama's house, Fig." Epps promised, I just chuckled.

        Fig started mumbling something in Spanish and I could see everyone was bout to pop their top. "Fig, quit your mumbling and learn some Americano."

        As I finished, Will jumped in. "I mean, how many times have we...We don't speak Spanish. I told you that." I rested my head on the side of the chopper and closed my eyes hoping to get some rest, but of course that will never happen.

        "Why you got to ruin it for me, man? That's my heritage." Fig raised his voice and so did I.

        "Go with the Spanish! Whatever." I yelled then mumbled, "Just shut up."

        We landed and gathered our gear, I saw a little boy run up to Will and hand him some water. I've never been here before, I don't know anyone other than the team. I'll just stick with Epps and Will and see how it goes I guess.

        I got settled and walked around, figuring out our surroundings. Once I got the general layout it got dark, I said my good-nights to Will and Epps before I left the building. Once I got to my bed, I just wrapped myself up in my blanket and slept. Unfortunetly, not for very long.

~Will's POV~

I got called into the main office on base. As I walked through the door I could hear an officer saying, "Colonel Sharp, we have an inbound unidentified infiltrator, 10 miles out."

        I quietly walked in and observed. After a while of communication and no reply, "Unidentified aircraft, we will escort you to US SOCCENT airbase. If you do not comply, we will use deadly force."

        "Whats the tail number on 'em?" I asked from behind the scene. "4500 X-Ray." What concerned me was, "Sir, says here 4500X was shot down three months ago."

          It's got to be a mistake. "Check again, and then recheck." The soldier said, "I did sir. A friend of mine was on that chopper."

        When the bogie passed by the window, I saw the Colonel look at the tail. "4500X, somethings not right." As soon as the chopper landed on the tarmac the radar and computers jammed. "Its coming from the chopper." I said and rushed outside to get my team.

        I heard the strangest sound and there were explosions everywhere. I saw Epps running towards me. "They bombed the antenna farm! We're under attack!" 

            This thing was probably the creepiest thing I have ever seen. Defiantly not human made, if it was made here. Defiantly Japanese. It was under a hail of automatic weapons fire from the rest of the soldiers. It started an electronic wave while tossing humvees and tanks aside, destroying buildings, and blowing up our carriers.

            "Kade!" I yelled and as I said that I saw her run out towards me. I grabbed her made our way behind a tank. "Epps move!" I yelled at him, the thing had like a cannon emerge from its chest. Epps tripped under the feet of this thing, it looked down and aimed at Epps leaning on his elbows looking up as he quickly took a picture. Epps quickly got his feet under him and ran over to us as Fig fired a grenade at the thing.

        "Epps, lets go!" I yelled and grabbed him and Kade and got the hell away from here, Fig close behind.