Chapter 11 - Mix it with some Cocconut.

Romeo sat on a chair stiffly in front of Eva's father. He was giving him a signature 'I can't believe this prick touched my baby' look. It took all of Romeo's willpower not to look away from his penetrating gaze. Romeo brought his hand up to move his hair from his eyes when her father coughed.

"Who would like to explain what was happening in this hospital room?" He asked, more like demanded.

Eva, who was sitting facing the wall because she refused to look at her father for some reason, grunted something intelligible.

Her father let out a sigh full of frustration, "Well?"

Still facing the wall Eva said, "I don't see what's wrong with kissing a boy."

"Well if that boy is your childhood friend who I looked at like another son, there is a problem." He explained.

Eva scoffed.

"Honey, let them be. They're kids. They're going to want to be rebellious at their age."

"Hold on! I'm not a kid! I'm a grown woman! I'm 17 last time I checked!" Eva complained.

"My bad sweetie." Tabitha said. She turned back to her husband, "She's a grown woman. Let her be."

Throughout this whole ordeal, Romeo was silent. He had no clue when to but in or what to say. This family was just that independent. The woman ruled the household. They dominated.

Whatever happened to man of the house?

"He was replaced when kids started going to moms for whatever they want. When men started to say "Go ask your mother" to their kids, they gave up the position." Eva explained.

Romeo jumped, I had said that aloud?

Eva and Tabitha giggled at his face.

"Yes you did darling." Tabitha teased.

Sofia, who had been oddly quiet, giggled to herself. Eva looked to her and giggled too. Soon followed by Tj, Then Tabitha, then Romeo who started to laugh, and finally Mr. Stewart.

A nurse came in and yelled at the group telling them to quiet down. They stopped laughing but each person had a grin on their face.

"But seriously, next time I catch you kissing my daughter and we be visiting you in the hospital next time." Mr. Stewart threatened. Romeo nodded. He had a feeling that this man was completely serious with his threat...

"Dad! I can kiss anyone I want too!" Eva stated.

It was Mr. Stewarts turn to scoff, "As long as I pay your school fees and housing fees, I can tell you what to do."

"Stupid bossy jerk pants." Eva grumbled childishly as she crossed her arms. Her father also turned away from her and followed his arms childishly.

3 days later

Eva stretched her arms way above her head as she walked out of the hospital doors. Her skinny jeans were tight fitting on her legs as she took long strides toward her father’s car. The spring wind had blown her floral printed blouse and her loose hair as she continued to walk.

She was eager and ready to get back to school. She hated missing work, and the nurses forbid her from doing any school work. She was completely mad at that but those nurses were scary as all hell.

While she leaned against the car waiting for her slow walking family to get to the car, she looked up at the sky.

Clear blue skies, huh? She mused, So why do I feel so anxious? Like something is going to happen?