Chapter 20

When I woke up the next morning, I was tense, to say the least. It was a Saturday, so I couldn't go to school to escape the awkwardness between Dean and I that I knew was to come. I got up and went to the kitchen to pour myself a bowl of Lucky Charms. Sam looked up from his newspaper. 

"Did you have a good night's sleep?" He asked me, nonchantely. 

"Yeah, awesome." I replied, as I rummaged around for a spoon. "Why do you ask?"

"You were talking in your sleep. Telling someone to 'stop it'." I turned my face away from him, really not wanting to discuss it. Apparently I had no choice. "It's not the only time I've heard you talking in your sleep. These aren't normal dreams, are they?"

I sighed and shook my head. I didn't want Sam to feel responsible for Lucifer, but I know he took some of the blame anyway. As I suspected, Sam look slightly pained, like a kicked puppy.

I attempted to comfort him. "Look, Sam, it's not your fault. I'm pretty sure he'll stop this soon enough." He stayed silent. I changed the subject. "Where's Dean?" I asked.

"I don't know, but I think he'll be back soon. He's been out all night."

Yeah, apart from when he came back in drunker than a college boy at a keg party.

Sam still had that kicked puppy expression on his face. I couldn't take it. As soon as I finished my cereal, I went for a walk. 

This neighbourhood was lame. That was the only way to describe it. The dull grey floor matched the dull grey sky. Overall, it was an incredibly overcast day. As I walked past a busy café, I felt a hand clench my wrist. My muscles tensed, and I jerked my body round with my other hand discreetly holding the handle of the knife in my pockets.

I relaxed when I saw the amused face of Kimina.

"Hey, Lor." I took my hand off the knife handle. She gestured at the chair opposite her. "Sit."

I did, and Kimina launched straight into what I knew she wanted to talk about. "So, how was your date with Jace last night."

"Good." It came out like a croak. I cleared my throat. "Good. You know, until the end."

Kimina raised an eyebrow. "Spill."

"You'll probably hear it from Jace anyway. My brother came to pick me up and we had a fight."

Kimina stirred her coffee. "A fight? What about?" 

"Oh, er... family stuff." I responded poorly. Kimina looked even more interested, but she didn't say anything.

"Hey, me and Del are planning to have a film fest in about 10 minutes." She said instead. "You want  to join us?"

I almost felt upset that I had to leave these people behind. I thought about the hunt I was supposed to be helping on, but then again all work and no play made me a dull girl.

I smiled. "Sure."

"Cool. I only live round the corner from here. We can walk." She stood and I followed pursuit. 

Kimina lived in a small one-storey house, with well trimmed shrubs in the front garden. As she put her key in the door, I noticed her eyes flash a watery black. I jumped away and pulled my knife out of my pocket, knowing somewhere in my mind that the silver knife would be futile against her.

She flew at me and I ran, as fast as I could. When approching an alley, I made the mistake of looking back. She was on my tail, but as I looked back I collided into something... No, some one. I shot up back on to my feet to see the figure of Miss Medina on the floor. She looked up at me in anger with squinted eyes as dark as coal. 

The air was slammed out of my lungs as an invisible force pushed me up against the brick wall. Both Miss Medina and Kimina approached me with a look an athlete might give a finish line.

"She's a slippery one isn't she?" Miss Medina said. 

"She is." Kimina agreed as she picked up a heavy looking pipe. "So we need to take precautions." 

I cursed as the pipe came towards my head, then felt my limbs twitch as I sank into darkness.

**********************************************************************************************

Dean Winchester

Lorelai wasn't answering her phone. Deep down in my gut I knew something was wrong, and not typical teenage girl wrong.

"Okay. Thank you." Sam put down the phone and grabbed his coat. "I've found her phone. It's not far from here."

I was hoping she'd just dropped her phone or something, but I knew that wasn't the case. That was never the case.

We got in the car.

**********************************************************************************************

Lorelai Adams

When I came to, I realized I was in Kimina's house. Was it Kimina's house? The real Kimina? My wrists were tied together behind the back of the chair, and my ankles were tied to the legs of the chair. I could feel the rope tight around my waist. As if my thoughts had summoned her, Kimina came into the room. I sat up.

"Did I ever know the real Kimina?" I asked her.

She smiled viciously. "You met her on your first day of school, but I took it from there."

"What do you want with me?" I asked. 

"Oh, you're simply bait." She sat down across from me on the floor with her legs crossed. "I want the bounty on your brother's head."

I smiled. "Good luck with that." The demon glared at me, and stood. 

"Get comfortable." She said. "If your brothers are as half-assed as I hear, you're going to be here a long time."

She left the room.

**********************************************************************************************

Dean Winchester

Her phone was in an alleyway. She wasn't. On the floor, I spotted the white substance Sam and I had came to know so well. I nudged him.

"Sulfur." He confirmed.

"She's got to be around here somewhere." I half prayed.

"We'll find her." Sam promised.

I hoped he was right.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\|Author's Note|/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I'm sorry this took so long, I suck. 

For being so patient, I give you all double rainbows in your area and my undying love. :')