Chapter 11

Dean Winchester

I was sitting on the end of Lorelai's bed, watching her sleep peacefully. The deep cut on her face looked worse than ever and her plastered leg was hanging out of her covers.

I felt guilty that this had happened to her. I should have checked that the forest was definitely safe. Lorelai wasn't ready to hunt with us, really, let alone by herself. I wished that I could have been the one to retrieve her. That Bobby could have got through to me. I would have been there much quicker than Ellen was, what with the Angel Express at my service. Lorelai's eyes fluttered open.

“Quit watching me sleep, ya freak.” She mumbled. I smiled at her as she pulled herself up into a sitting position.

“Well, good morning Aurora.”

“Shut up." She said, but she was smiling. "How do you know Sleeping Beauty's real name anyway?”

I quickly thought up an excuse that didn't involve porn. “Well you see, when you've lived with Sam as long as I have...”

“Yeah, yeah. Speaking of Sam, are you guys going to kiss and make up?”

“Sorry Lori, but he's living the clean life now.” I kind of missed him. He will never know that. We've had far too many chick-flick moments this year.

“Pfft, yeah, and how long is that going to last?” I had to hand it to her; she caught on quick.

“Come on, get dressed." I couldn't wait to give her the news. "I think we should take your car out for a drive today.”

“Really?" Her eyes widened in excitement. "You mean you did the wheels?”

“Yup. She's all patched up and ready to go.”

“Get out. I'm going to get changed.” I got up, smiling to myself. At least I done one thing right. I left the room and closed the door.

Lorelai Adams

I came out 20 minutes later wearing shorts and a white Ramones shirt. Tragically my skinny jeans wouldn't fit on over the cast. Dean came out of his room just in time to see me attempt to go down the stairs. He watched me struggle for a few seconds and then swept me up again.

“Dean, I can do it myself!” I insisted. I hated that people could pick me up so easily. I was too light.

“Yeah, I know but you are so slow in that thing.” He kept walking with me in his arms when we were down the stairs.

“Er, Dean. We're down the stairs now.” I pointed out.

“Would you look at that. So we are.” I knocked him round the head but his smirk stayed on. He even put me in the car himself. I had never really been babied in my life. It felt weird to be looked after. Dean got in my Dodge Charger and turned the keys in the ignition.

I smiled as the engine started, sounding nearly as smooth as a brand new car. Of course I was upset that I couldn't drive it myself, but being with Dean always made me feel better. It always reminded me that things had changed, and I did have a family after all.

 “So, where are we going?” I asked my brother, who was obviously relishing in the fact that he was driving the classic car.

“Lawrence, Kansas." He replied. His birthplace. "I promised someone I would visit her once in a while.”

“Dean, I do not appreciate it if you are going there just to get laid.”

“Oh, God, no! No, It's not like that. She's a psychic. She knew Dad.”