If You Didn't Want Me Why Did You Kidnap Me?! (2) *WATTY AWARDS*

I woke up with a jolt, being completely alert of my surrounding. I didn't have to think about the last twenty four hours, I knew exactly what had happened to me. I was walking from the diner when I was jumped by this group of guys, and all I knew now was that I was going to get out of this. 

I went to scream, but then came became aware of the gag that was in my mouth. Stuffed so far into my mouth I could barely breath, making my awkwardly open jaw throb. How long had I been tied to this chair? My hands were tied, painfully tight behind my back, making my shoulders throb. Helplessly, as I stared into the pitch black that surrounded me, I let out a cry, feeling hopeless tears fall from my eyes. 

Why would they want me? What could I give them? 

My screams came out muffled as I tried to scream, tried to get attention by who ever I could, even if it wasn't the attention I was looking for. I kicked my legs wildly, noticing that my right ankle was chained to the floor, as I listened to it rattle underneath me. Panic began to set in, as I thought of ways to get out of this but came out blank. There was no hope, no way I could ever leave this place. I let out one last horrified, pathetically quiet scream letting my body stop its attempt to get free and let my head fall. 

I waited.  

Waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness, but nothing. I didn't know how long I sat there, but nothing happened, besides the pitter patter of rats. They hadn't touched me yet, I could just hear the swarming and moving around me. It made my heart beat, and become paranoid at the idea of them chewing at me and how helpless I could be to defend myself to them. I hadn't stopped crying...  

I waited for something to change besides the darkness and the rats, but nothing did.  

Anger began to fill me after awhile, why did they want me? Why would they go through all the trouble of kidnapping me but then just leave me down here to rot? It made no sense. I had no way to rid myself of this rage, I had to breathe in the vowel smell of mold, and rat feces, and screamed. It only made me madder, knowing no one could hear me as I began to struggle again with my binds and jump around. 

Powerless as to stop it, I tipped the chair to my side and landed painfully on my shoulder. Unable to protect myself from the hard cement floor. But due to the angle, I felt the gag move slightly out of my mouth, and took advantage to that and became working my aching jaw to get the disgusting tasting rag out of my mouth. When it was far enough, I ignored the rough floor and rubbed my cheek to move it down and could feel my mouth open and close completely, free from the used dish rag they shoved in my mouth I breathed in and out, for the first time being able to, and for the first time noticed how horrible the floor smelled. The rats had been here for awhile... 

When I finally caught my breath, I didn't want to draw attention to myself just yet, I attempted to rip my hands apart from each other, with super human strength... but had none so it was pointless. I cried out once, but then bit my lip. I had to do something, I had to get out of this. I couldn't give up, even though I felt it dwindling away. 

I focused on getting my left hand out first, because it was the side I wasn't on, but quickly noticed how the chains around my right ankle digging into my skin, so I moved closer to the chain to give me more space. After trying for so long, to no prevail I knew hurting my wrists more would be useless so I laid there for a moment, again trying to catch my breath. 

I licked my dry lips, hoping something more than a sob would escape my lips, I filled my lungs with horrid air and let out a blood curtailing scream. I let it go on, it rang in my own ears, and echoed in my prison, and when it died off I immediately did it again, and again and again. Someone had to come down, something had to happen.  

Suddenly, a door above me opened, sending light across the basement that I was forced in. I had to close my eyes to the bright white light, I didn't know who was stomping down the stairs, I couldn't open my eyes again. They were burning from the sudden light.  

Painfully, I was hoisted back up to the standing position and opened my eyes in surprise at how close he was to me.  

"Shut up." He hissed, his breath smelling no better than my surroundings.  

"Please! Please, let me go!" I pleaded, my voice hoarse from my constant screaming. This man who was inches away from me had the coldest expression on his face, and I knew my begging was going to go unheard but I couldn't stop. "Please!" 

"Please, please!" He mocked, and I made a face at him, fighting the urge to spit at him. "You need to sit down here, and shut up as we make the deal!" He insisted heartlessly. 

"What deal?!" I asked, and the man made a face. 

"If you want to get out of this alive, we have... a price. How much do you think your parents are willing to pay for your safe return? One million, two, three?!" He rejoiced with a hearty chuckle, but my heart turned to ice and sunk deeper into my stomach. 

"M-million?" I asked, blinking. Trying to see as much of his as I could but his figure only loomed around me. My eyes still burning. "We don't have that kind of money." I cried. 

"Bull Princess. I know exactly how much your parents make a year, I know how much they are willing to pay to get their priceless daughter back." 

"You don't understand... we... don't have that kind of money!" I insisted hopelessly.  

"How stupid do you think I am Amanda?" He spat that random name, and I eyed him. 

"My name isn't Amanda, it's Schuyler. You have the wrong girl!" I insisted and the guy just rolled his eyes. 

"Don't you think we would know a spoiled brat when we saw her?" He asked, and anger filled my again. 

"OBVIOUSLY NOT BECAUSE YOU JUST KIDNAPPED THE WRONG GIRL!" I screamed, and with my free leg kicked him. It couldn't of hurt him, I barely hurt myself but he lifted his hand to slap me and I braced myself when the door opened wider. 

By now I could make out things around me better, this figure in the door way was tall. Taller than the one that was in front of me. "Andrew!" He yelled, and the guy immediately put his arm down. 

"Sorry Boss." He mumbled, still giving me the dirtiest look possible. The guy in the door stepped slowly down the stairs and flipped on a switch, making me blind once again. I winced, and squinted my eyes when I saw the guy just stare at me. 

He had to be at least 6'4, tall and lanky. Not really muscular, but I was sure if he got into a fight he would win. His face though was incredulous, and the only thing I noticed out of this whole dungeon like basement. 

"Who is this?!" He demanded. 

Before the bigger guy could say anything, I broke in. "I told you! I told you, you had the wrong girl! My name is Schuyler! My parents don't have anywhere near a million dollars! I was coming home from my part time job I have to help out around the house! My Dad is a mail man and my Mom is a poorly paid nurse!" I said all in one burst of air and both the men just stared at me. 

"You... you have to be kidding me." The bigger guy said, and Boss just stared at him like he was an idiot. 

"WHY WOULD I BE KIDDING YOU! HOW THE HELL DID YOU MESS THIS UP?!" He screamed, making me press my back into the chair.  

"I-I DON'T KNOW!" The guy said, looking almost as terrified as I felt.

I know it's short, but I have other things to write and homework to be doing. 

School has started, which is making it harder to post. 

I'm sorry for the delays but please be politer about the time, I know it might be awhile but I think it will be worth it. 

(: 

tell me what you think!