7.

Notes:

Just to make this obvious if it wasn't; Karin is bi-polar, one minute she's shy and timid and broken, another minute she's a bloodthirsty maniac.

Nasir lay next to his sister, she was curled into a ball, hands fisting the furs on Donars side. He heard the cheering and commotion outside in the courtyard of the temple. He pulled himself to his feet, glancing down at Karin before making his way out towards it, to greet himself with the sight off Spartacus and the men returning from the arena of Capua.

“The arena is burnt to fucking ground, with many Romans among the ashes!” Agron announced, raising a fist in the air. 

Chadara moved to the front of the crowd. “What off Rhaskos?”

“He fell as all men should.” Donar answered. “With sword in hand and blood upon his thoughts.” Agron added.

“You suffered no wound.” Nasir called to Agron. The German turned, smiling widely. 

“The Gods favor me little man.” He smiled at Nasir.

“Call me that again, and they shall turn from you.” Nasir jested, pulling him into an embrace, Agron initiating a kiss between them.

They broke apart all smiles. Nasirs smiled turned downwards to a frown for a moment, Agron cupping his cheek in concern.

“What?” He asked. “What is it?”

“Donar must be by my sisters side before she wakes.”

Donar sat on the steps of the temple, regaling the tale of the arena falling to the other rebels.

Agron and Nasir approached him. Agron excusing him from the tale and pulling him away. “See to your girl Donar! Or have you forgotten her so easily?” He growled, reminding him about Karin.

He bit his lip, head perking up, eyes searching the faces of the rebels in the courtyard.

“She is asleep.” Nasir added, pointing in the direction to go.

Donar nodded, moving past them quickly, almost breaking into a run. 

He reached Karin, falling to his knees beside her. 

“Karin...” He pulled her into his lap, cradling her face in his hands. She smiled up at him, eyes red, yet twinkling up at him.

“You returned to my side.” She whispered sitting up, straddling his lap, pulling him into a rough kiss.

“As I promised.” He panted as they broke apart. 

She locked her legs around his waist pulling herself as close as she could to him, arms wrapping around his shoulders. He pulled them both to the ground, engrossed in a kiss. “I would not have you from my side.” He promised, whispering into her ear. “It pains my heart greatly so when we are apart. I would have you stand by me until the end of all days.”

 ***

Nasir was troubled, despite the return of Spartacus and his men, with Crixus and two others unknown to him. The subject of his sister and Donar frustrated him to no ends. Donar was know for being singleminded. Agron had calmed him, assured him that his sister was safe in his arms. He wondered what Faizan would have done had he been here to witness Donar and Karin’s relationship.

Agron had encircled his arms around his waist, but he couldn’t concentrate. The thought was bugging him. No matter what he tried. He couldn’t help himself, he was her older brother. He would always care for her.

“What thoughts weigh heavy on your mind?” Agron asked him, pressing open-mouthed kisses to his neck and shoulder, bringing him out of his musing.

 “I worry for Karin. I know Donar is not going to lay hand on her, but I worry all the same.” He confessed, offering more of his neck to Agron to assault with his teeth.

“You are her brother. Of course you worry.” He answered between soft kisses.

“I pray to the Gods, nothing disturbs her happiness.” Nasir said solemnly, leaning into Agron for comfort.