4.

“Are you possessed? By the Gods you are so stupid.” Karin shouted, shoving Nasir straight into Agron. Agron steadied her brother, hands resting on his shoulders. 

“It was not my fault!” Nasir protested.

“No, you listened to foolishness from this fuck.” She made a rude gesture towards Agron, before shoving past them angrily. 

“And where do you think you’re going?” Nasir called after her.

“To tell Crixus his heart still lives.” She turned to look at Nasir in disappointment. “Had it been someone else, had it been me? You would not have done so Nasir-The brother I know, would not rip a man’s heart from chest and bring him to ruin.”

Karin left them behind her, seeking out Crixus, she approached him, grasping his arm to catch his attention. He looked at her sadly, her words echoing through the silence that settled around them.

“Naevia lives.” She said softly.

“How do you come by this?” Crixus asked desperately.

“They spoke of secrets, I pressed the matter, the man that spoke of Naevia spoke of her sent to the mines, not her death.” She told him. “Agron would not have you grasp Naevia in your arms.”

“Agron... He knows nothing of a love.” Crixus answered.

“I will stand by you, in your search for Naevia.” She promised.

“Gratitude, you have done much to aid me.” He thanked.

“It was nothing but what I would do if I had lost Nasir...” Crixus nodded, before eyes turning to Agron and Nasir, walking together to the centre of the villa.

*** 

“I take it you will follow Crixus to the mines.” Donar said, it wasn’t a question, he knew, she was going, he knew she’d follow Crixus.

“You know I must go Donar.” She muttered, sitting against the wall, arms crossed over her knees. Donar was in the doorway to her room in the villa, looking down at her from there. He was to move to Vesuvius with Agron.

“I do not want you to go to the mines.” 

Karin nonchalantly let the back of her head rest against the wall as she met his gaze, as if his concern did not bother her.

“You should trust me,” She looked at him, an eyebrow raised. “I will come back to you, I promise, I will lay in your arms again.” 

“I cannot. I will not allow you to leave my arms.” He was kneeling in front of her, hand cupping her cheek, thumb rubbing over her cheekbones.

“Donar, please.” She flinched away from his hand. 

He pulled back, surprised, she never shied away from his affections. He stood, lifting her up by the waist, surprising her, forcing her to wrap her legs around his waist and arms around his shoulders. She clung onto him, pressed against his chest. Donar pressed her against the wall, holding her around the waist with one arm, the other planted on the wall next to her head.

“Don’t leave.” He murmured. “Don’t leave me in this world, I would challenge the Gods themselves if they attempt to keep you from me.” Forehead resting against hers. 

“I will return. I swear it on the Gods,” She promised. “I will come back to you, I will stay in your arms and by your side.” She let her arms slide down to his lower back, resting just above his arse. She leaned into the embrace, head tucked into the crook between his shoulder and next.

He pressed open-mouthed kisses to her shoulder, holding her close. 

“Donar we are to move to-” Agron paused in the doorway looking at the two embraced. Karin lifted her head of Donar’s shoulder, glaring at the other German in absolute annoyance. 

“Apologies.” He backed out of the room, leaving them there.

They looked at each other, waiting for someone to make the first move. 

“I would have you, when you return to my side at Vesuvius...” He smiled at her, eyes twinkling slightly.

“I will return,” Smiling back at Donar, Karin, pressed a kiss to his cheek. “And you can have me.”