Chapter 1 -Two left feet

Leo walked up towards Camp Half-Blood. As much as he loved it back home, he knew this is where he really belonged. He had a pretty ordinary holiday for a son of Hephaestus, monsters trying to kill him, cyclops barbers(long story) and he had even bumped into insane centaurs. (also known as party ponies) Leo had looked forward to camp, it was the only place where he didn't have to sleep with a weapon in his hands, it was a place that had never empty drink goblets and plates and plates of his favourite foods. It was... home. 

Leo's stepped into the camp borders and tripped on a rock. Great, he cursed himself sliently.

'Two left feet huh?'

Leo looked up to see a girl who had chocolate brown curls, startling, colourful eyes and an amazing smile.

'I'm new here.' the girl went on, 'I'm Acacia,' she said politely, 'Chiron said to make some new friends and try not to get killed.'

Leo smiled back, trying not to blush about tripping over.

'I'm Leo, son of Hephaestus.'

'Oh, cool!'

Leo grinned. 

'Watch this.' Leo took a deep breath in and tried not to look Acacia in the eye. 'Here goes...' and he burst into flames.

Acacia backed away slightly.

Leo let the flames die, he knew she wasn't impressed. Now, she thinks I'm clumsy AND a freak.

'That's amazing!' Acacia beamed 'Does it hurt?'

Leo was surprised to hear her reply. She likes it. he smiled

'Nah! Nothing too painful the amazing Leo can't handle!'

'Except walking up a hill.' she said sheepishly.

'Yeah, that.' He grinned, trying to hide his shame.

'Are you claimed?' He asked, swatting the lingering burning smell away from him.

'Nope' laughed Acacia, who apparently, was having a great time watching Leo fail.

'What cabin do you think you'll be in?'

Acacia looked around

'None, I simply don't fit in.'

'Well, hopefully you'll get claimed at the bonfire tonight.' 

'Yeah, maybe...'

'Well, I got to go make brilliant inventions blow up in Cabin 9.' Leo grinned 'See ya newbie!'

Acacia smiled and it made Leo feel even more nervous.

'Will you be at the bonfire?' 

Leo was taken back that Acacia even cared.

'Are you kidding? If there's fire involved, count me in!' 

'Good.' She laughed and hopped up to Cabin 11.

Leo felt his heart pump rapidly against his chest.

This will be interesting. He murmured to himself. 

PLEASE VOTE! COMMENTS APPRECIATED!!

FOLLOW ME IF YOU LIKE ME STORIES!!! (P.S I will dedicate a chapter to you!)

TO VOTE CLICK THE STAR NEXT TO THE SHARE BUTTON ON THE TOP RIGHT HAND SIDE OF YOUR PAGE!