P A R T - T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Chapter Twenty-Three: The Slopes.
Saturday, 2nd February 10:56am
_____________________________________________

Alice woke up slowly as she breathed in, gently becoming aware of her environment as she shifted under a soft duvet and heard the sheets rustle... Alice could see the light behind her eyes as her ears registered the silence around her, and quietly she wondered if she was alone.

Carefully she opened her eyes, seeing that she was facing the rest of the bed, with its ruffled white sheets and crumpled duvet, suggesting that someone else had been sleeping there. Visual thoughts of Magnus, specifically his lips and eyes, seeped into her mind and she felt her chest warm... but it was then that the headache behind her eyes and the dryness in her throat made itself known.

She whined quietly and rubbed her eyes as she sat up to face the glass wall of sunlight that showed her a magnificent view of the valley and the resort covered in fresh powdered snow... it was snowing gently, making everything seem extra quiet and muffled since it was evident that it was late in the morning. Whilst sighting heavily Alice got out of bed, aware that she was alone in the room now since there was no one in the bathroom and Magnus's side of the bed was empty.

She wondered where she was as she stumbled slightly, rubbing her forehead as she looked down, only to see herself in an oversized grey t-shirt that smelt deliciously of him. Alice smiled warmly as she lifted the material to her nose and breathed in, feeling herself become momentarily dizzy with fuzzy feelings of affection, but they quietened down as she exhaled, and decided to get herself ready for the day and find out where everyone else was.

After showering and her usual morning routine of cleansing her skin and putting her make up on, blow drying her hair and moisturising her body, Alice was ready. She dressed herself in her new marching set of deep red leggings and a long sleeved crop top, the ribbed texture was thick, soft and warm and extremely comfortable. On top of that, it fit underneath her puffed bright red ski suit.

She remade the bed, flattening down the creases and making it look neat again before she left with her phone in hand, her thumbs typing away a message to her friends to see where they were. Fei responded almost immediately, saying she was downstairs making and breakfast waiting for her.

Alice quickened her step, her fluffy bunny eared slippers tapping lightly against the floor as she made her way down the staircase. She noticed how the chalet looked and smelt like there hadn't been a raging party last night... obviously the cleaners had been because the chalet was spotless again... like last night never happened.

Fei waited in the kitchen area, looking down at her phone as she sipped her herbal tea that she'd brought with her, whilst dressed in leggings and a navy blue oversized Harvard sweatshirt that she'd stolen from her dad. She'd been relieved when she received Alice's message since Candice hadn't shown her face yet, and she felt awkward sitting at the table with just Magnus, Trey, Lucy and another girl called Katie, all of which Fei didn't know very well.

Magnus had gotten up early, unable to sleep since he never could usually after drinking. There was a gym downstairs he'd visited for a couple of hours before Trey showed his face, and they'd been side by side ever since until Fei has arrived downstairs and shyly conversed with them until Lucy and Katie arrived. He tapped on the edge of his coffee cup and flared silently at Lucy as she typed on her phone, ignoring the sound of Katie talking to Trey about the party last night. "I got so wasted, I didn't even know about what had happened until this morning." She said, referring to Juniper.