P A R T - T W O

Chapter Two: Secret Notes.
_____________________________________________

...Alice arrived at her front door, drenched from head to toe with rain water. Most of her make up had gone, her mascara was now slightly smudged and her hair flat against her skin. She lifted the ceramic pot outside the front door to find the spare key for her medium sized modern styled house and wiped some of her hair from her eyes, her cold hands fumbling with the key to unlock the door.

She was welcomed with a quiet bark from her dog, Polly, who was a small King Clavier Spaniel in brown and white. "Sssh," she hissed gently, waving her dog away to try and diffuse the commotion her dog was about to make as she tried to be quiet and close the door without being heard, since sound traveled easily in this open house.

Quickly, she hurried to the laundry room in the basement and stripped off her clothes, accidentally dropping both her phone and Veronica's onto the wooden floor. "Shit," she hissed again, feeling slightly frantic as her body shivered from how cold she was. She left them there for a moment, the black screen of Veronica's phone taunting her slightly. It had rung a few times as she had been walking home, the low vibrating hum seemed to have echoed around her, threatening to give away her location.

The washing machine hummed carefully lazily as it began its cycle of spinning the dirt from Alice's clothing. She'd hoped that the blood would come out too, not that there was much of it but it was known that a blood is almost impossible to get out if left too long. Even on the skin.

Polly followed closely behind Alice as she picked up the phones, hurried away from the basement and tip toed through the house to reach her attic bedroom on the top floor. As she turned right at the top of the stairs, the light flicked on and Alice jumped out of her skin and swung around to see her younger sister, Charlotte, looking at her sleepily.

'What-are-you-doing?' Charlotte signed to her, mouthing the words as well. "I-thought-you-were-at-a-party." She added as Alice grimaced, knowing Charlotte had probably felt the vibrations of her walking up the stairs to quickly.

"I-drank-too-much," Alice signed back, whispering the words as well. "And-threw-up-on-my-dress." She continued as she walked towards Charlotte and turned her around by her shoulders and walked her back into her baby blue colour schemed bedroom and back to bed.

"That's-gross," Charlotte signed as she walked, chuckling after as Alice smiled, yet her eyes still were a little wide with the adrenaline as her mind replayed what had really happened.

"Don't-tell-mom-" Alice signed whilst looking straight into her sisters eyes once she had gotten the bright blue eyed little eight year old back into her bed. "Or-i-won't-let-you-wear-my-red-lipstick-anymore," she added with a smirk and Charlotte pretended to gasp in shock

"Fine." Charlotte smirked and lay back down. "Good-night-Alice." She signed and smiled warmly and sleepily as Alice lent down to kiss her forehead and pat her shoulder gently.

"Good night," she said out loud and left Charlotte's room, flicking off the light and shutting the door quietly behind her. She sighed heavily, closing her eyes for a moment as she felt a sting of guilt. Maybe she should have told someone... maybe she should have done the normal thing and called the police, or even screamed or cried like anyone else would have. But even then, she could feel the little twinkle of excitement as she realised what she had done and what she now knew about Magnus Johnson...