P A R T - T H I R T E E N

Chapter Thirteen: Complicated.
11th January, 5:09am
_________________________________________

"Where the hell have you been?" Sophie said loudly, causing Alice to freeze where she was stood in the kitchen after violently gasping. Her heart raced immediately as her mother, who was in her dressing gown with her hair neatly plaited, turned the lights on, seeing Alice dressed in dark clothes looking guilty. "Whose car was that?" She demanded, pointing out the window as she walked forwards and stared at her eldest daughter angrily.

"I-" Alice began as she tried to search for a logical excuse that would get her in trouble and distract her parents away from the fact she was out in the middle of the night, stealing a body from the hospital so that she didn't end up in prison for a murder she didn't actually commit. "We were just hanging out?" Alice then said, making sure she tugged at her top to pull it down, causing her mother to glance at her hand. 

She saw the realisation spread across her mother's face, and she braced herself for the explosion she was about to witness. "Hanging out at four in the morning?! Do you think I was born yesterday, Alice?!" Sophie shouted, her cheeks going pink. "Get upstairs to your room, now! You are not leaving this house again!"

Alice hurried past her mother, silently wishing in her head that she had been having sex in the back of Magnus's car instead of committing a serious and morally disgusting crime. She whipped past her parents bedroom door just as it opened, ignoring her dad's questions on what had been going on because of the volume of her mother's shouting. "She was out with the Johnson boy at four in the morning, Richard!" She heard her mother cry angrily as she hurried into her room and shut the door. "No wonder she looks exhausted the whole time, she's out having sex in cars-!" She could hear mother spitting angrily in a high voice through the floor.

"Sophie calm down-" her father said in a lower voice, but Sophie continued to explode angrily. Alice sat on the edge of her bed, hearing her mother going on and on about Alice needing therapy, and how her sweet little girl is now going out and having sex in the middle of the night. A month ago it probably would have hurt Alice's feelings when she heard what her mother was saying about her, yet now - all she could do was smile to herself. She wasn't happy, neither was she sad, but she couldn't help the small laugh escape her lips when she realised what she had actually pulled off that night.

Alice would happily accept whatever punishment was given to her, since she'd had enough excitement and adrenaline left over to last her for a while...

... less than two hours later Alice was woken by someone shaking her shoulder. "It's time to get up for school," she heard her father say, his voice fairly blunt but also calm. Alice didn't remember falling asleep, and she must've been exhausted since she hadn't even bothered to take off her shoes as she'd laid down on the bed. Lazily, she glanced over to the clock on her nightstand as her father left her room, seeing it just coming up to seven.

Quietly Alice groaned, wanting to pull a sick day but she knew her parents were in no mood for giving her sympathy and wouldn't be in the mood for it for a while. Her body aches as she got up from the bed and dragged herself over to the shower, her body feeling heavier than usual like her muscles were made out of concrete. She showered sluggishly and got out a ten minutes later, her hair dripping heavily as she stepped out into the steam filled bathroom and wiped her mirror clear so she could see her reflection.

Tiredness hung heavily form her eyes and she closed them for a moment, feeling her mind drifting... she wanted to sleep so badly, and was obviously crashing from the adrenaline high from the night before. "Alice, hurry up!" She heard her mother call snappily from downstairs whilst she wandered slowly into her room, feeling too tired to pick an out outfit.