Chapter 21

Madi's POV

I woke up and looked at the time. Shoot I need to start getting ready! I got out of bed and went and turned the curling iron on. I put my uniform on quickly and started with my hair. I left my hair down today. I didn't feel like doing all that hard stuff to get it up. I plugged in my straightener to let it heat up. Yeah my hair is straight but I always run it through a straightener just in case. Once it was heated up I ran the straightener through sections of my hair. I unplugged it and let it cool down. I did my poof and went and got my makeup. I put on the first shade first then added on. I looked over everything and I was good to go. I walked out of the bathroom to find all of the girls on there phones ready for the day ahead of us.

"Ready to go? We need to meet the team" Payton said looking up from her phone.

"Yep let's go" I smiled

We grabbed our backpacks and put everything we would need in them, then headed off. We found the team in the courtyard near the pool. I saw Matt and went over and said hi.

"Hey Matt" I smiled

"Madi! Excited?" He asked

"Very I have a good feeling for today" I answered

"Me too" he smiled

He grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. We walked onto the bus with the team that would take us over to the ESPN arena. The bus got to the arena quickly and we all piled off the bus. We turned the corner that took us to one of the main entrances and I saw them......my team, my family, Cali smoed. They all looked my way and some smiled and some just quickly looked back. It hurt to see the way they shunned me. They were......they are my family. If I could go back to them I would but it wasn't my choice to be here.

"Madi are you okay?" Matt asked looking concerned.

"Oh yeah I'm fine, just uh nervous." I said stuttering a little.

"Okay." He said smiling.

We walked by Smoed, most of them gave glances towards me, while others smiled and told me to text them later.

"Madi!" Eddie smiled as I walked by him

I froze and turned to him smiling.

"Coach Eddie and Orby" I grinned giving them a hug

They knew it wasn't my choice so I was glad that they weren't mad at me. If I could I would go back to Smoed in a heart beat.

"There not your coaches" Jenee coughed out

I rolled my eyes at her attitude and told them I would say hi later as I needed to get to warmups. I ran back to Matt smiling.

"Ready for today?" He asked smiling

"Yep! I have an amazing feeling" I told him

"Let's go and stretch" Payton smiled walking over to us with Jamie and Ashley

"Ok" I agreed

We went over and stretched while we waited to go on the warmup mat. We warmed our backs up and stretched out our body positions. We talked about who we thought would win in the other divisions. I know a lot of smoed now aren't really talking to me, but I still hope the best for the.

"Cheetahs let's go" Our coach yelled over the music from other teams

We got set in our opening. We ran through the routine marking everything, pulling body positions on the floor, and doing backhandsprings and tucks only. We got in lines after and warmed our tumbling up. I was up next and got ready to throw my pass. I stepped back and started running for the punch front, I stepped out of the punch front into a roundoff two to whip whip full. In the full I saw Smoed walk in. I was landing when my ankle twisted a weird way.

"Ow" I screeched clutching onto my ankle.

"Madi don't move!" My coach yelled running over.

He picked me up and took me off the floor. He set me on a chair by the medical people and they looked over it.

"Ow." I said as they touched it.

"It doesn't look to good." They said to my coach.

"So she can't perform?" He asked worried.

"No! I'm fine! I'll perform." I said instantly.

"Madi we don't want you hurt more." He said kneeling down so he was head to head with me.

"But it's worth it, I will not let the team suffer because of a little injury" I told him

"Madi..." He said unsure

"I'm fine I can push through it" I reassured him

"Ok but you must sit out for tumbling I'll rearrange everything so you don't have to tumble" he told me

"Can I do a few passes please?" I begged

"Fine you can do jumps and standing tumbling" he sighed

"Thanks" I smiled giving him a hug

Coach helped me get up and walked me towards the floor. We quickly re arranged the running tumbling and a few other passes I had in between the routine. We did a quick mark through. My ankle hurt so bad to walk on but I have to do this, I can't let my team suffer because of a mistake I made in my tumbling. We went to the opening and got ready. Once the music started I hit most of my stunts and most of my tumbling. We went over and over the routine until I hit everything. As we were walking own to the backstage I was getting nervous, I didn't want to mess up, I can't mess up we've worked so hard for this.

"Everyone of you need to go out and do what you did yesterday but even better, we know you can do this, you know you can do this so just believe in yourself, cheer for your team mates when your not tumbling, believe in your self, work as a team and you will get what you've been working for, now go out here and kill it" Our coach smiled

We prayed and got behind Cali coed. I waved towards a few of them, a lot of them waved back but there were the ones that stood there and glared at me.

"Ready?" Matt asked as Cali coed went on

"Yep" I said nervously

"Don't be nervous" he frowned giving me a hug

"I have so much pressure, what if I mess up? What if I get hurt even worse? There's just so many what it's to this after I hurt my ankle" I let out

"Stop worrying about the what it's and go out there and do what you love" Matt smiled giving me a kiss on the cheek

I smiled at him, I was about to say something but we were announced that it was our turn. I intertwined mine and Matts fingers and we ran up onto the stage waving to the crowd. The arena erupted into cheers. I looked in the corner of my eye and saw most of Smoed watching including Eddie and Orby, they saw me look over and they gave me big thumbs up and smiles.

"Cheetahs with the remix, let's go, yeah were moving fast, so fly so sassy" the music started.

I dipped and got tossed into the air to do my kick double. I set out after I was caught. The music had brought this energy that has taken over my body. I went through the routine smiling and hitting everything so far. We were in our second stunt and I was ticking to a bow n arrow when I saw one stunt fall, then another started falling. We were in running tumbling and Matt had a touch down in his pass. We moved into the pyramid and the whole right side of the pyramid fell. I couldn't believe what had happened. We performed amazing yesterday and now today was just flat out horrible.

"Cheetahs" The music ended

The arena was quiet, you could hear crickets chirping. There were your occasional awkward claps. We slowly made our way off the mat realizing what kinda of routine we hit just now. We just might have lost our first place.