Chapter Eight

I, DARK LORD AND MASTER OVER ALL, HERE-BY DEDICATE THIS CHAPTER TO @BILBOROTH, WHO IS ALWAYS ONE OF THE FIRST TO READ MY NEW CHAPTERS AND LEAVE COMMENTS. I HOPE SHE LOVES THIS STORY AS MUCH AS I LOVE WRITING IT. STAY AWESOME.

---------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight

Kili and I walked along together in silence. Not awkward, but comfortable. Our shoulders brushed every now and then, our hands bumping as we swung our arms. He seemed content with just being there until he said, "You're a good shot."

I shrugged. "You're better."

Kili grinned. "I've had lots of practice."

We talked quietly until the path opened up to a beautiful sight. My breath caught in my throat, my feet refusing to move.

"The Valley of Imladris." Gandalf said. "In the common tongue, it is known by another name."

It was Bilbo who spoke. "Rivendell."

Gandalf smiled serenely. "Here lies the Last Homely House East of the Sea."

Thorin turned to the Wizard, wearing a stormy expression. "This was your plan all along. To seek refuge with our enemy."

Gandalf sounded annoyed. "You have no enemies here, Thorin Oakenshield. The only ill will to be found in this valley is that which you bring yourself."

Thorin lowered his voice considerably. "You think the Elves will give our quest their blessing? They will try to stop us."

"Of course they will." Said Gandalf. "But we have questions that need to be answered. If we are to be successful, this will need to be handled with tact. And respect. And no small degree of charm."

"Which basically means, Bofur keep quiet." I called jokingly.

This raised a laugh, and and small chuckle from Gandalf. "Which is why you will leave the talking to Ariel and I."

"Why Ariel?" Fili asked. "I'm pretty, too."

"Yes, but Ariel has two things you lack." Dwalin said gruffly.

I smacked him on the arm.

"What?" He asked, feigning hurt. "I was going to say grace and charisma."

I rolled my eyes as we began walking. Honestly, I had always wanted to meet Elves. They had always fascinated me. I could never tell Thorin, of course, but as we walked up to the beautiful city, I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Close your mouth, dear." Said Balin. "You'll catch flies."

Bilbo had stopped in his tracks. The hobbit was looking around in awe.

I came to a halt next to him and said, "I've always wanted to come here."

He smiled at me. "When I was younger, I would always run off in search of Elves in the woods near the boarders of the shire. Now, here we are."

We all gathered in front of the steps, from which a dark haired Elf was descending.

"Mithrandir," He called, and Gandalf turned.

"Ah!" Said the Wizard. "Lindir."

"Stay sharp."I heard Thorin whisper to Dwalin.

Lindir said something in Elvish that I could not understand.

"I must speak with Lord Elrond." Gandalf said.

"My Lord Elrond is not here," Lindir told us in english.