[Ten]

Chapter Ten

Tylaa

I walked out of my beautiful home, not prepared for tonight. Right now it's about 8:30 PM and I'm on my way to work. This will be my first night shift, so I'm nervous and I really don't feel like going.

I sighed as I got into my 2013 Ascari kz1r. The family car was in the shop and Jordan would soon be leaving for work. I left the garage door unlocked, so that he wouldn't have too much trouble getting out. I sent him a quick text saying that and then pulled out.

When I arrived to INSPIRE, I saw different types of teenage boys and girls walking around. I'm guessing they're the ones I have to teach. I walked into my office and made sure everything was intact. I stayed put and then 9:15 came. I looked outside of my window as the teenagers walked around. I remember that age! I then saw Monica walk by with Dequan. I rolled my eyes at them. I know they couldn't see me, but those two are sooo annoying.

After about 5 more minutes, I watched Monica walk by again. I basically could hear her loud stripper heels click-clack on the floor. I sighed. I heard my phone going off, so I picked my Loui Vuitton bag up. I dug through until I found my phone.

"Hey," I said breathily as I saw Ly's name on the Caller ID. "Uh, hey. Can I stop by and get the key? I believe Jay-man is already at work and Di left her poodle. She isn't going to eat without it." "You're right. She won't. Stop by. It's only 9:20, my class starts at 9:40." I said. She told me 'okay' and then hung up.

I made sure to keep my keys in my hand, because I knew that she would probably be here any minute. I got up and straightened up my office just in case she came inside. I loved being decent.

After about 10 minutes, I heard a faint voice. It was an elated voice and it sounded as if my name was called. The big building wasn't so good at keeping sound out when you're towards the front. I guess there wasn't enough money for that? I poked my head out of my office door.

"Hey boo!" I said as I saw Delilah looking around. She smiled and I ran up to her with my keys. "Here. I would chit-chat, but I don't want you getting stuck in traffic. You know how these dancers are," I said dryly. I figured that more teenagers would be coming any second now. It's almost 9:40. "Well, you don't seem excited," she said touching my hand. "I really didn't want to work today, but you know how that is," I said yawning. She nodded and I handed her the keys.

Diamond awoke on Lenny's arm and reached for my embrace. "Have fun with Mrs. Ly okay," I told her. "Yes maw. Bye, bye," she said with sleep heavy in her voice. I waved and then turned around. The minute I turned around I was confused. No one was insight. Monica had just been here and teenagers were all over. Had my class already started?

I walked towards a back door that led to one of the dance rooms. I looked inside, but I couldn't see anything. Hmm. I twisted the knob and I saw very clearly. Just as I said, towards the back, you can hear nothing. After I opened this door, music and more rung my ears. What is this?

I saw co-workers and dance instructors partying and dropping it like it was hot. I chuckled at that. I saw Monica all over Dequan and as soon as I looked at them, he looked at me. He smiled and slightly pushed Monica off of him and walked my way.

There was no need in running or walking away, because they'd both seen me looking. I sighed as he approached me. "Hey lil' lady," he whispered in my ear. Whispering was the only way I could hear him over this banging, loud music. "Uh, hey Quan. What's all this?" I asked. "Well, you know I would never call you in for night shift. I just got you here for this little get together the staff wanted to throw. I knew you wouldn't come if I told you straight up," he shrugged. I nodded, because that was true. I rarely went to parties or clubs. For one, I'm happily in a relationship and second, I hated having to wear those high-heeled stripper shoes.