Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

The sexual tension was about to shoot through the roof.

Chris didn’t bother hiding his blatant interest and arousal and it was making it difficult for Tom to hold onto his morals. Gosh, he was so fucking close to just saying screw it and dragging Chris to the bedroom to ravish him from head to toe.

They were eating breakfast, the sound of the TV helping to drown out the tense silence between them. To make the tension even worse, Chris chose to sit opposite Tom and he would constantly brush his foot up against the omega’s, nearly making Tom jump out of his seat, his knee banging against the table. When he’d look up at the alpha accusingly, Chris would be smirking and burying his face in a sandwich, feigning innocence while Tom’s cheeks would be the colour of ripe strawberries.

“You know what? I think I need to take a breather,” Tom mumbled, flying out of his chair and heading towards the door.

“Take your time!” Chris called, his voice heavy with double meaning and Tom literally couldn’t blush any harder, his cheeks now a permanent shade of red.

He resisted the urge to flip the alpha off as he made his way out of the apartment and into the corridor, taking in deep breaths and trying to think of anything to quell down the swell of desire blooming in his tummy.

Chris watched the omega disappear out of his apartment and wondered if he’d taken things too far what with the impromptu foot rubs he’d been giving Tom underneath the table since they’d started eating the sandwiches.

No, he decided, it wasn’t too much at all.

Chris honestly couldn’t help himself. It was like there was a part of him that didn’t want to stop touching Tom, even for a second, and besides, he promised he’d wait until the fog cleared up before making Tom his mate but that didn’t mean they couldn’t kiss and scent mark each other before then, right?

Chris shivered at the thoughts. God, he knew he’d never get tired of kissing Tom. The way the omega kissed – fucking hell, he kissed like it was the end of the world, with such burning passion and desire Chris felt like he was going to explode from it. He could definitely kiss Tom until he remembered –

Wait. Remembered!

The dream slash nightmare he’d had that morning suddenly came rushing back and it suddenly didn’t feel like a dream anymore.

It felt like a memory.

Chris thought hard, heart pounding and he knew, deep down that those five people in the dream were really his siblings and now that he was trying to remember, he could faintly hear his mother’s voice in his head and then flashes of the lab – the prison – he’d been kept in for so long. Goddess, he’d practically grown up there.

Oh god. Todd. Eddy.

The alphas. The cells. The explosion and his escape.

It was a sensory overload that had him stumbling from his chair and landing on his knees, clutching hard at his head and moaning in pain under his breath. “Fuck!”

The weres in white – they’d been using the alphas as guinea pigs for a drug they were producing. At the time that Chris was held in captivity, the drugs heavily laced in his system had prevented him from even thinking – but now, with his mind as clear as day, he knew exactly what they’d been up to.