The Feeling of Loss

I had a hard time deciding to post this chapter for a long time.

"Why's mom crying?" Ryuuji asked his dad, tugging on his shirt sleeve for his attention. Grimmjow simply stared at his wife as she cried, and his daughter who tried her best to dry her tears with her favourite blanket. Truth was, he was sad himself about the whole ordeal.

"Mom's hurt." Grimmjow finally answered.

"Hurt?" Ryuji questioned. "But how come I can't see where she hurt herself?"

"It's not that kind of hurt." Grimmjow answered once more, he really didn't want to be the one explaining this. But he figured since it's his son, he should be the one too. "Mom's hurting on the inside."

Ryuji watched beside his dad, still in the same stance. He followed his dad's gaze to Aimi, who was just as confused as he was. But he could hear her best consoling you, telling you not to cry.

Ryuji began to look around though, something was off. Someone was missing.

"Daddy where's Grimm?" Ryuuji continued, looking around the house for him.

"He's gone Ryuuji." Grimmjow finally admitted out loud.

"Is he going to come back?"

"No, he won't be coming back." Grimmjow explained, his face sinking behind his bangs now. He was upset.

"What do you mean he won't come back?" Ryuuji continued on, his large blue eyes were now filling with tears. "Where did he go? I just saw him this morning."

Grimmjow balled his fist. For he didn't want to be the one to explain to his son, the feeling of "loss".

But he had no choice. Cause who else could do it?

"Grimm is no longer here. He's in a place we can't see him right now." Grimmjow tried to explain, he wasn't good at this. This was more of Kagami's thing. She was the one with the compassion, the one who knew what to say.

"He'll come back right?" Ryujji asked again. "He wouldn't just leave. Mommy's hurt, she's crying."

"No Ryujii, Grimm can't come back." Grimmjow continued to explain. He wanted to blurt out everything in the most blunt way possible. But he couldn't, not to his son. "Grimm had to leave, he was sick, tired, in pain. But he made mom happy. He made you and your sister happy, right?"

"Yes." Ryujii answered, holding back his tears as he reached up to hold his dads hand.

"Then he did his job, he made sure everyone is happy before he left."

"Did Grimm make you happy too daddy?"

The question surprised Grimmjow, but he already had an answer for that stupid annoying fur ball.

"Yeah, he made me happy too."

Extended Ending:

"Hey brat, why are you brinin' a cat in here for?" Zaraki questioned Yachiru. It's not like pets weren't allowed, or maybe they really weren't and Zaraki just didn't care about rules. 

"Oh, Ken- Chan." Yachiru answered happily as she fed the stray she had let in. "It's Grimm." 

"Grimm?" Zaraki questioned. No wonder it looks grouchy.

"Yeah, it's Mimi- chan's cat." Yachiru explained. No wonder Zaraki recognized the name. "Mimi- chan said he was sick and probably would leave the world of the living soon. So I promised her I would take care of him." 

"Fine." Zaraki waved off. After all, he did grow fond of the cat too. "Tell her to visit soon, she can bring her husband too."

End.