Confused Emotions (Part 2)

"It's been a crazy couple weeks huh? I can't believe everything we've went through, I'm just glad it's over and we can enjoy the rest of the summer. Danny, Danny you listening?!"

"Oh my bad Trev, it's definitely been a wild summer so far."

Trevor continued to talk a million words a minute, but Danny's thoughts were so loud it drowned him out. He had a blank expression on his face, as he spaced out trying to comprehend what he just saw.

He felt like someone just ripped his heart out his chest. Danny truly began to grow strong feelings for her.

Was Kiana really hanging out with Anthony now? I thought we were building something special. Should I go talk to her about it? I can't really tell her what's been really going on the last couple weeks.

"Danny! Man are you even listening?"

"What, my bad Trev I just have a lot on my mind."

"We just beat the odds, you got the twenty two thousand, stood up to Nate, and I got that garbage out my system. It's time to celebrate have some fun"

"What you have in mind?"

"I'm glad you asked, you know that girl Melony I met at the party. She going to the fair next weekend with her homegirl, long story short I need you to take one for the team."

"Haha, alright man I'll do it, could be fun. Do I know her friend, she go to our school?"

"Right about that, you know Betty sits a couple tables from us at lunch."

"Oh hell no Betty?! Weird Betty that be drawing depression shit in her notebook?! I'll stab you in your sleep Betty?!"

"Man why you got to be like that, see that's why you don't have no girl them high ass expectations. Emo chicks need love too D."

"Fine I'll go, but you better not leave me alone with her."

"I'm sorry did you say something, I didn't hear anything after fine I'll go."

"Trevor don't play with me!"

"Mhm yea I got it, heard you loud and clear," Trevor replied walking away back to his car.

"Trevor!"

He sat in his car turning up the music, pointing at his ears with a confused look giving the expression he can't hear him.

Danny smiled knowing his best friend was crazy, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

Went back inside to rest for the week, from the result of the beating he took the other night.

One week later...

"Danny your date is here," his grandmother yelled from downstairs.

"Alright grandma I'll be right down," he shouted back from his room.

Even though he didn't know what to expect from a night with Betty, he wanted to go into the night with an open mind. Danny still wanted to leave a good impression on her.

He sprayed some cologne on, took a quick look in the mirror while he thought to himself. Danny had a blue and purple t shirt with red stripes, black Levi jeans, freshly lined up cut, a small gold chain, and Space Jam Jordan 11's.

After he gave his grandmother the money she needed, he spent a small amount on himself.

When Danny reached the bottom of the steps, he seen his grandmother and Maria chatting on the couch.