Money Often Costs More Then It's Worth

After an eventful night Danny woke up mid afternoon. He sat up on his bed rubbing his head in disbelief of what had occurred the night before.

       He rose to his feet completed the morning essentials before heading downstairs.

       "Hey grandma I'm going to take the car out for a bit, I'll be back later."

       "Danny wait," he paused hand on the doorknob as he looked back at his grandmother. "When you get back we're going to seriously think about what our next move is...ok"

       He nodded in agreement, then took off taking a seat in his grandmother's 2009 Chevy impala. It was a cloudy gloomy day looked like it could rain soon.

       He glanced at his phone for a moment.
(6 missed calls, 2 voicemails)

       After the night he had, he didn't want to add to the aluming stress weighing on his mind. So he didn't bother to check the messages.

       Instead placed it to the side, pulling off music loud to drain out the thoughts in his head. Thirty minutes later turned into an open gate, Forest Hills Cemetery.

       Followed the concrete pathway through the cemetery, before parking off to the side. Many thoughts ran through his mind hesitant to exit the vehicle.

       Danny took a hard look in the mirror at himself, then finally exited the vehicle walking towards the tombstones lined up along the ground.

       Took a seat in front of one of them head down ashamed, here lies a beloved man, father, and husband Richard Santos.

       "Hey dad, I have a confession to make. I'm sorry but I didn't live up to your expectations, I didn't keep our promise we made."

      Danny looked up at the tombstone on the verge of tears, continued to speak hoping his father was listening. His voice filled with disappointment, and shame.

       "The stuff I did this past week you wouldn't approve of, I just want you to know I had no choice. Trust me when I say it was a necessary evil. Your probably thinking there's always a choice right? Well I'm sorry but I'm here and your not, I need to take care of this family. Hopefully one day you'll find it in your heart to forgive me, but for now ima do whatever it takes."

"Sorry dad...I love you," as a tear slide down his cheek. He wiped away the tear knowing this was far from over, a show of determination rushed his face as he walked back to the car.

       (Phone Rings)
       Danny glanced over to see it was Trevor, so he answered.

       "Trev how you feeling bro."

       A woman's voice replied, it was obvious she was barely keeping it together on the verge of tears.

       "Danny it's Trevor's mother I found him strung out on the doorstep. Do you know anything about this?"

       "What, no that doesn't sound like something he would do."

       "I did everything I could to keep him away, to keep him from becoming his father...where'd I go wrong."

       "Listen i'm on my way, I'll be there soon."

       "He is awake but won't talk to me, he insisted I call you, please hurry."

       (End Call)

       Danny hurried over to Trevor's home, trying to figure out why he would do any drug. Trevor hated his father for using drugs.