CHAPTER TWENTY | EPILOGUE | HOSPITALITY

EPILOGUE: HOSPITALITY

AVERY WOKE TO UNFAMILIAR VOICES, his eyelashes fluttering against his high cheekbones as they opened hesitantly

AVERY WOKE TO UNFAMILIAR VOICES, his eyelashes fluttering against his high cheekbones as they opened hesitantly. His surrounding were white and a rhythmic beep played at the back of his senses.

"How's the kid?" A voice said, sounding distant, but not too far away.

"Same as he was yesterday and the day before and three weeks before that: Non-responsive. However, his heart rate is normal and his bones are healing a lot quicker than they had been over the past two weeks. There's slight bruising on his face and arms that seems to be fading away as well," Another voice said, this one female, her voice light and airy.

"And Peter?" Avery's fingers twitched at the sound of his boyfriend's name, but he couldn't move it completely.

"He comes and visits Avery every single day after school, sometimes staying til one of two in the morning to watch over him," She hummed," It's sweet despite the situation,"

"Family and friends?" The male's voice asked.

"His mother visits every other day while his sister visits on Friday nights. His friends usually visit on the weekends. I let them use the facility by the way," The female lets out a cheeky chuckle," Hope you're not mad,"

"Are they the reason why there's a hole in the ceiling of the kitchen?" The male said, accusation in his tone.

"You're a millionaire or something. You could just by a new ceiling, better yet a whole new building,"

"Billionaire," He corrected.

The rest of the conversation went through one of Avery's ear and out the other, his eyes shutting close once again.

He was exhausted and so was the Tiger spirit.

----

" -had a quiz in Spanish, probably failed it, but there are worst things to happen in life." Peter sighed, his grip on Avery's hand tightening," Like you being in a coma for almost a month."

Avery was quiet, unmoved, face blank and Peter gave him a sad smile," But you know we've been dating for five months now." He shook Avery's hand in a celebratory way," Yay us! You've been asleep for a month, but that doesn't change how I feel about you. Happy five months, Av,"

Peter went quiet after, feeling as if he's talking to a wall and not to his boyfriend. Peter squeezed Avery's hand in his, dropping his head onto the mattress of Avery's bed. Tears welled up in his eyes and as one was about to fall from his eyes, Avery squeezed his hand back and whispered in a harsh, groggy voice," Happy five months, Pete,"

Peter almost fell out of his chair trying to get up and go find someone to help Avery," He's awake, he's awake," Peter yelled, flailing around the Avenger's Compound.

----

"Your sister says you went Feral," Camila, Mr. Stark's assistant, and Avenger explained to the pair, showing x-rays of Avery's body from before and after his coma," As you can see your bone structure from the night you went into the coma and now are completely different. One seemingly of an animal, a tiger, and the other a human. I've never seen anything like this," 

"I don't understand this at all. I've had this amulet for nine months now and I've never tried into a giant tiger," Avery responded back, looking confused as ever.

"Maybe it was the anger. You're like the Hulk, Av," Peter joked from beside him, a smile on his lips.

Avery was finally awake, alive and well. Peter couldn't hope for anything more, except to find out what the hell happen that night.

"Your sister thinks it's your amulet's power manifesting itself into a giant tiger using your body," Cam relayed the information back to Avery," Your body couldn't hold the energy from your amulet, so it turned into a form that could: a big ass tiger,"

"Well, shit-" He cut himself off, running his hands over his flushed face as he took in the information. He pulled back," Does my Mom know the truth?"

"Peter didn't think you'd want her to. She believes you were hit by a car while on a date with Peter,"

Avery nodded his head and he slumped back in his bed with a frown. A pain grumbled in his stomach and Cam and Peter could hear it. Peter looked at him dumbfounded," How can you still be hungry? You just had three sandwiches and half of mine along with two bags of chips. There's no way that you're possibly hungry,"

Avery opened his mouth to responded when Cam cut in," Actually, there is. Just like anyone else Avery needs food to eat, he just needs a lot more food than the average person because of the energy being burned by your amulet,"

"How much food?"

"About twelve thousand calories a day," She responded quickly, going over in her head, making sure she spoke correctly.

Avery eyes widened along with his boyfriend's,' Won't I get fat?"

"No," She paused, making sure she had both of their attention before continuing," You see your amulet takes a lot of energy from you and food is your fuel. So it makes sense you're hungry,"

"But, this had never happened before," Avery replied back.

"Yea, well I don't know the real shit behind your amulet. I'm not even a real doctor," Cam admitted, with a chuckle, " But my guess, with everything your sister and you've told me, I think you just tapped into the full power of the amulet,"

"Ay Dios," He muttered, throwing his head back onto the pillows behind his back.

---

"You know when I putt this stupid necklace on, I just thought it was pretty," Avery confessed to his sister. She sat beside him, a content smile on her lips as she watched her brother shove the ice cream she brought for him in his mouth, I didn't think all this shit would happen,"

They sat on Avery's medical bed on a Friday night, just hanging out with each other and thinking over the past few months.

"Well, with great power comes a whole lotta shit you don't wanna deal with," Angela said, very unhelpful to Avery.

"That's your pep talk?" Avery looked at his sister in annoyance," That's how you're going to help me?"

"Yep. You're welcome."

THE END