CHAPTER TWELVE | Deleted Scene

HICKIES & HOMOPHOBES

"HOW BAD IS IT?" Peter asked over the phone, is voice sounding stressed and out of breath

Avery had cooled down after the whole bathroom debacle and decided to actually talk to Peter rather than blow him off. During lunch they had reached a middle ground where Avery was going to explain what happen.

"Well, I got suspended for a week," Avery repiled back, scribbling something onto his physics worksheet, he was supposed to work on this morning with Peter. He overslept and left Avery by himself, in the library to figure out everything.

"In school or out?" Peter asked after a short pause.

Avery furrowed his eyebrows as he noticed the shortness of Peter's breath and then he sighed in distaste," Are you seriously fighting bad guys while you're on the phone with me?"

Peter paused again and rustling could be heard in the background," No. . . Look I have to go. I'll swing by later, leave your window open for me. Bye." Peter hung up.

"Unbelievable," Avery huffed. He abandoned his desk and flopped over the side of his bed. He ended up rolling to far and fell off.

"What a mood," Avery mumbled to himself, not moving from the floor one bit. He couldn't bring it on himself to try.

---

EARLIER, AFTER AVERY CAME HOME FROM SCHOOLIS MOTHER WAS WAITING FOR HIM. She was siting at the kitchen island, multiple documents and her laptop in front of her. She typed rapidly and didn't stop until she heard the door jingle and open, footsteps right after.

Avery tried to dart pass her but she saw him," Mijo! Come here now,"

Avery's heart dropped as he paused in fright. If he ran he could make it to the door, but that also increased his chance of getting hit by his mom's chancla. He couldn't risk it so he turned on his heel with a smile on his lips," Yes Mami?"

"I got call from your school and you know I hate calls from your schools,"

"I know, that's why I told them not to, but they didn't listen," Avery suppiled uselessly. He was digging himself a deep death bed, he could see it. 'Here lies Avery Ayala, loving son and former magic amulet holder.'

"I was in an important meeting Mijo. I saw your school calling, so I had to stop in the middle to make sure you were okay. The clients thought I was very unprofessional and I almost lost the case. I really need this money, your father's funeral is coming up--"